Chapter 37

I finished helping him clean up. I stayed with him for a little while longer.

"I should head back home."

"Let me walk you back," he said.

"Alright."

He walked me back to my house. When we got to the front door, I turned around and faced him.

"I hope to see you later," I said.

"See you later," he said.

I pressed my lips against his and he kissed back. I pulled away and looked into his eyes.

"I love you, Akechi."

"I love you too, Y/N," he said.

I opened the door and headed inside. He headed back to his apartment.

I walked into Leblanc and sat down at a booth. Akira noticed.

"Everything ok, Akechi?"

"Y/N's birthday is coming up. I want to do something special for her."

He walked over to me and sat down, "What were you thinking about doing?"

"Probably go out on a date with her. I wanted to make her something. Like how I made her that necklace when she left."

"I think you should do something a bit more extra."

I thought about it for a minute, "What if I propose to her?"

"I think she would love it, Akechi. You're taking an already special day and making it even more special."

I smiled, "Yeah."

"Come on, let's go get her a ring."

"Now?"

"Yes, now. Her birthday is coming up, isn't it? Do you know her ring size?"

"Yeah," I nodded and got up.

"We'll be heading out, Sojiro," Akira said.

"Have fun," Sojiro said.

"Oh, boss," I said.

"Yeah?"

"Do you mind if we celebrate her birthday here?"

"I don't mind at all," Sojiro smiled.

"Thank you," I said and we headed out. 

We headed to Shibuya and I followed Akira to the underground mall. We headed over to the jewelry store and he helped me pick out a ring. 

"Do you think she'd like something small or a medium size?" I asked. 

Akira looked at a ring and pointed it out, "How about this one?"

I looked at it and smiled, "She'd love this." 

I asked the guy for the ring and he took it out from the case. I told him her ring size and he nodded. He looked into the storage and pulled out the box. I paid and Akira headed back to Leblanc while I headed to the apartment. I put the box on the counter and I headed into my room. I opened up my laptop and started to type out what I was going to say. It took me a while, but I think I got it down. I sent a picture to Akira and he read it over.

"I think she'll love it."

"You think so?"

"Yeah. Don't be nervous, Akechi. She loves you and you love her. Have faith in yourself, Akechi."

"Thanks, Akira."

I smiled to myself and started to recite it to myself. It had gotten pretty late and I headed to bed, thinking about how everything could be falling into place.