Chapter 25

"You want me to do what again?" I asked.

"I need your help to track down this guy," Akechi said.

"And who is this guy?"

Akechi pulled out a file and slid it over to me. I opened it up and read through the profile. I closed it and handed it back to him.

"What form of method are you going to use?"

"The normal method."

"You weren't going to use Mementos?"

"The Meta-Nav left my phone once they finished Shido's palace. I can't go to Mementos anymore. So I have to use the normal way of doing things."

"I see."

"So that means it is going to take longer to find where he is."

"Do you have a lead on him?"

"He was last seen in Akihabara. I was going to scope out the place and see what I can find."

"Do you want me to come?"

"Akihabara is a big place, so we might as well have two people cover ground."

I nodded, "When do you want to leave?"

"Let's head over there now."

I nodded and we left Leblanc and headed over to Akihabara. Akechi searched one area and I searched another. We met back together within an hour and exchanged info.

"Anything?" Akechi asked me.

"Someone did say he was last seen at the arcade."

"The arcade? Why would he be there?"

"They didn't say, but another said he was seen at a drug store."

"There is no drug store here. We're better off looking at Shibuya and Takemi."

We got on the train back to Shibuya and we checked the convenience store, since they did sell over the counter drugs. They reported a couple boxes were stolen from the back, but the police did nothing about it. And they're still doing nothing about it. We headed to Yongen-Jaya and towards Takemi. I walked over to the desk and asked her if anything seemed out of the ordinary.

"I usually make my own medicine, but with the help of some already made medicine. But I haven't ordered anything. Although, there was a strange man who had asked me for a ridiculous amount of this one drug."

"What does it do?"

"If taken in a large amount, it will cause the person to have a cardiac arrest and die. It's basically what an overdose would do to anyone. But the medicine will induce the heart attack much faster than anything else. If taken normally, it is a pain killer. Simple as that."

"I see. Could you describe the man?"

"He had a navy blue hoodie on, black jeans, black tennis shoes, and his hair was blond."

I wrote down what she had said and nodded, "Thank you for your time."

"You're welcome."

Akechi and I walked out of the clinic and we talked about our next move.

"So, what are we going to do?"

"Might as well see if any of the security cameras have picked him up. We should head back to the station."

We headed back to the station and Akechi got access to the security cameras. He had found the man come into the clinic and leave. He got on the train to out of Japan. Afterwards, the cameras were useless.

"He left Japan," I said.

"Not necessarily. He left this area." The cameras used facial recognition and have given us a name. Akane Ito.

"What is his background?"

"He was born outside of this area and had family troubles. He recently got remarried and had another kid. He's known for stealing, robbery, and rape."

"Oh boy."

"Yep. I need to look at his recent transactions."

"I know someone who can help."

I knocked on the door of Sojiro's house. The door opened up and it was Futaba.

"Hi, Y/N."

"Sorry about coming here so late. We need your help."

"It depends on what it is."

"We need your help looking up the transactions of Akane Ito."

She smiled, "I can do that quickly. Come in."

We headed into her room and waited for her to finish up. She had finished within thirty minutes.

"Here we are," she said.

We looked at what he had recently purchased. It seemed nothing out of the ordinary except when we got to the most recent one. It was a train ticket to the area about fifty miles from here.

"Can you get his address?"

"Already done," she said and pulled up another window.

"Wow, you are good," Akechi said.

"Why thank you, Mr. Detective," she smirked.

"Thank you again, Futaba," I said and wrote everything down.

We headed back to the station and put everything together.

"Alright, we found our guy. We just need to catch him and bring him to the police."

"It's getting late and the last train is almost here. I think we should head back."

"I agree. So when should we go after him?"

"I say we go after him tomorrow. I don't have school."

"Sounds good. Shall we meet at the station then?"

"Yep."

Akechi grabbed his computer, most of the evidence we had gotten, and all the information.

"Tomorrow I need to get a warrant to search the house," Akechi said.

"Let's do that first thing tomorrow morning."

Akechi nodded and we left the station.

"I'll see you tomorrow," he said and kissed my cheek.

"See you tomorrow," I said and pecked him on the lips.

We parted ways and I headed back to the house. I took a quick shower and headed to bed. Tomorrow was going to be hectic. I can already tell it's going to be a lot. Just by trying to find information about him, Akane was a force to be reckoned with. I could only imagine on what it's going to be like to get him to come with us. I sighed and tried not to think much about it. If I did, I wouldn't get a lot of sleep and it could put us at stake. I closed my eyes and dozed off into the realm of sleep.