Chapter 45

A few hours later and a severely hurt hand, Asumi Goro was born into the world. What an entrance she made. It was quite grand. I cut the umbilical cord and after the doctors cleaned her up, they rested her on Y/N's chest. She cried the entire time Asumi was with her. She sat up and held her. Asumi's hand wrapped around Y/N's finger, which almost started round 2 of tears. I myself tried not to cry. But it all changed when Y/N asked me to hold her.

"Would you like to hold her, Akechi?"

"I-I'm a bit scared."

"Don't be," she smiled.

I nodded and with shaking hands, I reached out for Asumi. Y/N placed her in my arms.

"Watch her head."

I nodded and sat down with her. She was so peaceful. I smiled, tearing up a bit.

"Thank you, Y/N. Thank you for giving me another love to look after," I smiled.

"It's ok. You can cry."

Tears began to flow down my cheeks as I looked at Asumi. I held her tightly to my chest. 

"I swear, I will never let anything happen to either of you."

A few hours had passed and the others came to visit us.

"Aww, look at the cute little baby!" Ryuji said as he walked into the room.

"She is quite adorable," Makoto said.

"Aww, she's so tiny!" Ann smiled.

"She's so cute," Haru said.

"What did you name her?" Futaba asked.

"Asumi," I said.

"A beautiful name," Yusuke said.

"Congrats you two," Akira said. 

They stayed for a little bit and talked. After a while, they had left. I could tell Y/N was getting tired. 

"Do you want me to watch her while you get some rest?"

"If you want," she said. "You don't have to."

"I want to. Daddy and daughter bonding," I smiled.

She smiled back and I took Asumi from her arms. 

"Thank you," she said and kissed my cheek. She laid down on the bed and fell asleep. I sat by the window and watched over Asumi.

"You look so much like your mother," I said to Asumi and kissed her head. "I won't let anything happen to you. You and your mother mean so much to me. I'll be the father my father never was. If only my mom was here to see this."

A few days had passed and we returned from the hospital. It was rough for the first night. Asumi kept waking up and crying. Y/N and I took turns until she couldn't do it anymore. Asumi had woken up around six in the morning.

"I got her," I said, getting up and putting her back to sleep. "I'm going to get ready for work."

Y/N nodded and I walked into the bathroom to take a shower. I got changed and kissed Y/N' on her forehead.

"I'll see you later," I said and walked out of the apartment.

"You don't look so well, Akechi-kun," Sae said.

"I barely got any sleep," I said and yawned.

"Heard you have a daughter now. Feel old?"

"Nope. Not at all. I'm surprised I was able to have a kid before you did," I chuckled.

"I just haven't found the right man," she said.

"I know you haven't."

"Anyway, we have a meeting in about twenty minutes. You might want to look awake when you come in."

I looked down at my suit and saw the tie was way too loose and my shirt wasn't tucked in at all. I sighed and quickly fixed myself up. I walked out of my office and down into the conference room. I sat down next to Sae and our boss came in. He went over a few cases that just came in and who is going to handle them. I was drifting off to sleep, but Sae was there to help me stay awake for the entire meeting. After the meeting was over, I headed back to my office and got started on a few of the cases that were assigned to me. Once work was over, I grabbed my things and headed back to the apartment. I walked in to see Y/N playing with Asumi.

I looked up to see Akechi walk through the door. He looked exhausted. I picked up Asumi and walked over to him.

"Hi, Akechi," I said and kissed his cheek.

He smiled and kissed my forehead, "Hi, Y/N. Hi, Asumi!"

Asumi looked at Akechi and tried to grab at his hair. He smiled and set his stuff down. He took her from my arms and held her close to his chest. She fell asleep to the sound of his heart.

"How?"

"What?"

"How the hell do you do that?"

"Do what?"

"I've been trying to get her to take a nap all day."

He smiled, "I guess she likes listening to my heartbeat."

"Whatever you did at the hospital that one day must only work on you."

He smiled once more, "Guess I am going to be a good father after all."

"You're going to be a great father."

"And you're going to be a great mother."

I smiled, "How was work?"

"Tiring," he said. "I almost fell asleep during a meeting."

"That would not have been good."

"It would not have, but Sae was there to keep me awake."

"Are you hungry? I was about to make dinner."

"I am a bit," he said.

He walked into our room and put Asumi in her crib. He came back out and helped me get dinner ready.