Chapter 13

"Akechi."

"Hmm?"

"Akechi."

"Mhmm?"

"Akechi."

His eyes fluttered open and I smiled at him.

"Time to wake up."

"What time is it?"

"Thankfully, it's Sunday. Meaning I don't have school today."

"I still have to work though," he said.

"You better get up then."

"You still didn't answer my question."

"It's eight."

He quickly got up and put his jacket on.

"Thank you again, Y/N," he said as he grabbed his things.

"You're welcome," I said and went to fold up the blankets.

"At least let me help you with the blankets."

"Don't worry about it. Just head to work."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes. Go. You don't want to miss the eight fifteen train."

He walked over to me and gave me a hug. I hugged him back and he kissed the top of my head.

"Thank you."

"You're welcome."

He walked out of the house and towards the train station. I went out and walked around Shibuya since I had to pick up groceries for the house. Mom was out at work and I had to do some work around the house and one of them was this. I got home and put the groceries away and started to clean the house. I finished up and headed to the train station to head to Leblanc. I walked in and Sojiro looked up at me.

"Ah, there you are."

"Is Akira going to be working today?"

"Not today. He has some things he needs to do with his friends. At least that was what he told me."

"I see."

My shift dragged by and it was soon time for me to head home. I put my apron away and said goodbye to Sojiro. I walked to the train station to see Akechi was sleeping against the pillar. I walked over to him and shook him awake.

"Hi, Y/N," he yawned.

"Another tough time in the palace?"

"Yeah, but we're getting close to finishing it. Hopefully tomorrow will be our last day."

"You shouldn't head into work tomorrow."

"I need to continue my work, Y/N."

"Akechi, you can barely stand up. I think you need your sleep."

"I'll be fine," he yawned once more.

"You're coming back to my place for the night. This time, you're sleeping in the guest room."

"Alright," he said. "Can we at least head to my apartment so I can get a change of clothes?"

"Sure," I said.

The train came and we got into the car. I had to make sure Akechi was awake to tell me when our stop was. The train stopped and we got out and headed to his apartment. He stumbled down the hall and grabbed his keys. He fumbled with them, but since he was too tired, he had dropped them multiple times. The third time he dropped them, I grabbed them and unlocked the door.

"I'm sorry, Y/N."

"It's fine."

I opened the door and he walked into his apartment. I closed the door and set his keys on the table.

"You're already here, might as well stay," Akechi mumbled.

"Well, that was the last train for tonight. Might as well. I should let my mom know," I said and texted her. I looked around his apartment and looked at all the research he had done for cognitive pscience.

"Sorry if the apartment seems like a mess," he said.

"It's fine."

He stumbled into his room and into the bathroom. He closed the door and I heard the water run. I walked down the hall and looked at his room. I walked in and saw there were some awards he had received for being one of the best detectives. I walked out of his room and into the guest room. I closed the door and laid down on the bed. I sighed and waited for him to come out of the bathroom. The door opened and his door closed. It reopened and he knocked on my door.

"Y/N?"

"You can come in."

He poked his head in, "Goodnight."

"Goodnight, Akechi."

He closed the door and went back into his room. I curled up in the blankets and fell asleep.

I woke up the next morning pretty early since I had to get back home. Akechi was still asleep when I woke up. I headed out and towards the train station. I caught the first train back to Shibuya. Once it got to my stop, I ran out and towards my house. I took a quick shower and got ready for school. I grabbed my bag and walked out of the house. I headed back to the train station with a few minutes to spare. I leaned against the pillar and waited for the train. A few minutes had passed and Akechi walked up to me.

"Good morning, Y/N."

"Morning, Akechi," I said.

"I didn't know you left this morning."

"I had to get home and get ready for school."

"Ah, yes."

"I didn't want to wake you when I left."

"It is quite alright. Well, I shouldn't keep you too long. Better catch your train this time," he smiled and kissed my forehead.

"I'll see you at Leblanc?"

"I wouldn't miss it for the world."

I got into the train and grabbed a seat. I read until we got to the school. I walked into the school building and headed to my first class. At lunch I ate with the Akira and his group.

"So how is the palace going?"

"It sucks that it's so huge," Ryuji complained.

"Kamoshida's was just as big, Ryuji," Ann said.

"Yeah, but a casino. Casino's are effing huge!"

"Mind Ryuji," Makoto said. "He's just tired from our last time we were in there."

"Akechi was like that when he was in there. Oh, how is he doing?" I asked Akira.

"He's doing really well. Very helpful with battles. I can sense he is a strong persona wielder."

"Not as strong as me though," Morgana smiled.

I rubbed his head and he purred, "It's hard to believe you were once a human."

"Well you better believe it sister. Because one day, I will be back into a human. And then you'll notice me, Lady Ann."

"Do you guys plan on heading in today?"

"We should be finished with her palace after today. But that is if we don't have any issues. Hopefully we don't," Akira said.

"Well, I'll be cheering you guys on!"