Chapter 24

"Aw, you two are so cute together," Ann said.

I smiled and blushed as we walked back towards the table. We sat down together as they changed the song. At the end of the night, everyone was heading back to the train station. As we were walking to the train station, Akechi reached down and grabbed my hand. I smiled and leaned into his shoulder. He kissed the top of my head and before we knew it, we were on the train heading back to Shibuya. He walked me to my front door.

"Goodnight, Y/N."

"It's late, Akechi. Why don't you stay here?"

"I don't want to be a burden."

"You're not. My mother likes you. I don't think she would mind."

"Alright," he said.

We walked in and my mother was asleep. We walked over to the couch and I was about to get everything he needed until I remembered something.

"Wait, we have a guest room. Just sleep in there for now."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes. No sense in sleeping here if we have a bed that you can use."

"Alright," he said.

We walked up the stairs and he got himself settled in. I kissed him before leaving the room. I walked down the stairs and into my room. I changed out of my clothes and into my pjs. I crawled into bed and fell asleep. 

I woke up the next morning and headed into the kitchen to grab some breakfast. I walked in and saw Akechi was still there. His bare back was facing me when I walked in. Wait? His bare back? I felt my face grow hotter as I stared at him. While I was watching him, I didn't realize he had a scar on his back. It was underneath his left shoulder blade. I sighed and walked over to him. I placed my hand on his scar and he jumped at my touch. He turned and looked at me. He got all flustered and tried not to show his face.

"Oh,um, good morning, Y/N," he stuttered.

I smiled and kissed his cheek, "Good morning, Akechi."

"It was pretty warm in the guest room last night so I decided to sleep without a shirt. I hope you don't mind."

"I don't mind at all," I smirked at him.

"I made you some coffee," he said and turned around. He handed me a cup of coffee and I happily took it from him. I smiled and took a sip.

"Doesn't compare to boss's though," Akechi said.

"It really doesn't, but you did a pretty good job."

"Thanks," he said. 

"Can I ask you something, Akechi?"

"What's the matter?" he asked and set down his coffee.

"What happened to your back?"

His gaze dropped down to the floor. He looked away and sighed.

"It was my father. When he found out that I was born, he tried to get rid of me. He burned me on my back, but thankfully, my mother was there to save me. She rushed me to the hospital and I had to be in there for a few weeks. My mother was devastated and tried to reason with my father. He wouldn't listen and left my mother to raise me. When I was around the age of five or so, my mother passed away and I was put into the foster care system. I was put into numerous families that I still have all the paperwork."

"Why did you keep them?"

"To remind me of where I came from."

"Akechi," I said and walked over to him.

He put his hands against his eyes and cried.

"I'm pathetic, Y/N. A person like you shouldn't date a monster like me."

I reached up and removed his hands. I leaned forward, but he put his arms out to prevent me. I persisted and kissed his cheek. Before he could push me away, I pressed my lips against his. He tried not to, but couldn't resist. He grabbed me by my shirt and pulled me closer. I pulled away and put my forehead against Akechi's.

"Akechi, you're far from pathetic. You're an amazing boyfriend that I could ask for. You're not a monster."

He nodded and I wiped away his tears. I wrapped my arms around his waist and rested my head in the crook of his neck. He kissed the top of my head.

"I love you, Y/N."

"I love you too, Akechi."

"Did I walk in at the wrong time?" my mother asked.

I pulled away from Akechi and smiled at my mom, "How much of it did you see?"

"Just the part where you put your forehead against his," she smiled. "As long as you're happy, Y/N, I approve."

"Thank you, mom."

"Akechi, do you need a shirt? Because I think one of my husband's shirts can fit you."

"I-I'm quite alright," he smiled, blushing a bit. "I should be heading back."

"Stay for a bit. I don't think Y/N wants you to leave yet."

"Mom," I sighed.

Akechi chuckled, "I don't think she wants me to leave either."

I smiled and wrapped my arm around his waist, "I don't."

He smiled, "I'll stay for a little bit longer. Afterwards, I need to head back to the apartment. I am expecting a call around five."

We ate breakfast together and he headed back to his apartment after he helped clean up. 

"Why was Akechi not wearing a shirt?" my mother asked.

"He told me he got too hot in the guest room."

"I guess that is one of the warmest rooms in the house. I don't blame him."

"Hello?"

"I have something for you."

"And that is?"

"A new case."

"What's it about?"

"It's about this person who has been on the run for quite sometime. We need you to track them down and find them."

"Do you have a name?"

"There is a file folder sitting in your office. It contains everything you need to know about this person."

"I understand."

"One more thing before I go."

"Yes, sir?"

"You're more than welcome to have someone help you. Such as Sae-san."

"Forgive me, sir, but I was thinking of someone else who can help me."

"Oh? And who's that?"