Chapter 15

Another week had passed and Akira had helped me learn how to shoot a sniper rifle. It was hard at first, but after the first few times I had gotten the hang of it.

"So what is the purpose of me learning how to shoot a rifle?"

"You're going to be our look out. If there is any shadows that are coming from behind us, your job is to take them out or alert us. If there is any movement we don't know about, alert us."

"What if they find me?"

"You have a gun, right? Make sure you bring more ammo," Akira said.

I nodded and after that week of training, we were heading into the palace. We all met at Leblanc and Akira opened the Meta-Nav. He put in the keywords and the surroundings changed like it did when we went to Mementos. We looked at the palace and I grew a bit overwhelmed.

"S-so this is his palace?" I asked.

"You're not scared?" Morgana asked.

"It's just so big," I said.

"Most palaces are like that. Let's get going," Akira said.

"Oh, before we head in, what is her codename going to be?" Morgana asked.

"How about 'Owl' if she's going to be our sniper?" Ryuji asked.

"What about Hawk?" Yusuke asked.

"I like Hawk," I said.

"Hawk it is," Akira said. "One more thing, Akechi's codename was Crow."

"So we're both birds," I whispered to myself and we headed into the palace. We entered and I had to follow them from above. I made sure I had everything I needed before we headed in.

"See anything yet?" Futaba asked.

"Nothing yet. How about you?"

"There are some readings ahead, but we should be good for now."

I kept an eye out when they were fighting shadows. I looked behind them and saw a few were coming up. I pulled up my rifle and shot them in the heads. They disintegrated and I smiled to myself.

"Alright, we're moving on. You doing good up there, Hawk?" Akira asked.

"I just saved your ass a few moments ago."

"Really? I didn't see them coming up," Futaba said.

"Let's not worry about it now. Let's keep moving on. We're in here to look for the treasure, correct?"

"We're securing the infiltration route. Once that's secured, we're getting the hell out of here and sending a calling card," Morgana explained.

"When will we know where the treasure is?"

"Mona gets all weird when he senses the treasure," Ryuji said.

"I do not!" Morgana said.

"Yes you do," Ann said.

"Guys, we need to focus," Makoto said.

"Let's go," Akira said and we advanced. It was basically the same things here and there. They were fighting and I had to keep watch of shadows and any other people in there. We made our way through and found the treasure.

"Nice, we secured an infiltration route. Let's get out of here and send a calling card," Morgana said.

We turned around and headed back. But before we went anywhere, Akira stopped.

"Joker, what's the matter?" I asked.

"I'm getting a reading," Futaba said.

"Is it a shadow?"

"It's human," she said.

"Human? Who else could of gotten in here?"

They turned around and someone jumped down from a pipe. The person landed and stood up. They walked over to where they were and smirked.

"Long time no see," said a familiar voice.

"Akechi?" Ann asked.

"Hello everyone," he said.

"What the hell are you doing here?" Ryuji asked.

"Finishing my mission," he said.

"And what is that?" Yusuke asked.

"I am here to take down Masayoshi Shido."

"Why did you disappear?"

"I needed to go into hiding after what happened. I think you should remember that, Joker."

"Yeah, I remember that."

"What is he talking about?" I asked Futaba.

"Hawk, not right now."

"What's going on?" I asked.

"Nothing."

"I have Shido within my grasp and you're going to mess this up for me! I will kill that bastard once and for all!"

"What is your reason behind this?" Ann asked.

"You remember how I told you about my mother? That she had a relationship with a good-for-nothing man? That man, was none other than Shido. Yes, I am Shido's bastard child."

My eyes widened. He had never mentioned anything about his parents. I was about to jump down and help them, but Futaba stopped me.

"This is not your fight, Hawk."

I nodded, "Let me know when I can help."

"I will show you my true strength! You're going to die once and for all!"

I watched as he summoned two shadows and sent them on the Phantom Thieves. They took them out longer than I had expected, but they managed. Afterwards, Akechi stepped in to fight. This is where I grew worried. I didn't want them to hurt Akechi, but why was he here? I needed to know. Once they finished with Akechi, he fell to the ground.

"You don't have to do this, Akechi," Joker said.

"Shut up! How can trash like you be better than me? I am an ace detective...a celebrity!" He soon laughed. This wasn't the laugh I remember. This was a maniacal laugh. "I just thought of a fun idea. You wanted to know who I really am, don't you? Well, let me show you! Come, Loki!" There was a burst of red flame surrounding him. A persona appeared above him.

"Again! It's that persona," Yusuke said.

There was a red and black like liquid surrounding his entire body. His outfit changed from his Phantom Thief to someone with a black mask.

"That entire appearance, it was all a fake."

"So he's behind all the mental shutdowns," Yusuke said.

No. He couldn't have caused my father's death.

"You and your teammates piss me off!" Akechi yelled. "I'll destroy you, crush you. Go down with me!"

"Here he comes!" Morgana yelled.

"DIE!" Akechi yelled and lunged at them. I needed to get in there. But Futaba stopped me once more. I sighed and held my rifle aimed at Akechi. I didn't want to have to do this. After their battle was over, Akechi was kneeling on the ground.

"How? How can I lose?" Akechi asked himself.

Joker walked up to Akechi and knelt down, "Let me ask you this one question."

"What?" he sneered.

"You disappeared."

"Yeah, what of it?"

"You hurt Y/N. Why? Why didn't you at least tell her you were alright? Does Y/N mean nothing to you?!"

His expression changed and looked down at the ground. I could tell he was shaking.

"Y/N," he whispered.