Chapter 36

"With all the information I have received from all of you, I have declared that you, Goro Akechi, are not guilty. You have escaped imminent doom that lingered over your head. As for you two," Igor turned his attention to Eiko and the man, "you are hereby sentenced to thirteen years in prison. Guards, take them away."

Two guards dressed in blue walked over and took them out of the room. Everyone filed out and I ran up to Akechi. He stood up and opened his arms. I jumped into them and he hugged me. I smiled, tears falling down my face.

"We did it, Akechi!" I said.

"You did it, Y/N," he smiled and kissed my head. "You did it."

"I couldn't have done it without you."

"How did I help?"

"You had her file before hand. I just dug around. And I had your materials. You were also the one who found me so that I could prove you innocent."

He smiled, "I wouldn't be standing here if it weren't for you."

"Are you guys coming?" Ryuji asked. 

"We're coming," I called over to them.

"You better hurry," Ann called.

"We should be heading out," I said.

We walked out of the courthouse together. Akechi reached down and grabbed my hand. I smiled and rested my head on his shoulder. We all got on the train and headed to Leblanc. Sojiro agreed to close early so we could celebrate, that is if Akechi was proven innocent. We all walked in and Sojiro greeted us.

"I see that Akechi is not in the slammer," Sojiro joked.

"Y/N had it covered," Ryuji said.

"But if she didn't, we all wouldn't be gathered here," Makoto said.

"She wasn't the only one helping his ass," Sae said and smiled.

"Right. Sorry, sis," Makoto said.

"I'm just messing with you, Makoto," Sae said. 

"Let's start the party already!" Futaba said.

We all attempted to sit together. Even Sojiro tried to sit with us rather than stand behind the counter.

"It was pretty tough to make a lot of curry, but I managed. Sorry I wasn't able to attend the hearing. I would of liked to hear what the other side said."

"Their side of the story was nothing but bullshit," Ryuji said as he grabbed some curry. 

"It really was a big mess. They were totally unorganized," Yusuke said.

"I'm surprised they were confident in their statements," Makoto said.

"It didn't seem they were once Y/N stated her evidence," Futaba smiled.

"You really did work your ass off," Akira smiled.

"All I did was my best," I said.

"You did more than your best, Y/N," Akechi smiled.

There was a knock on the door. Sojiro walked over and opened it up. My mother poked her head in.

"Am I allowed in? I know it says closed."

"Don't mind at all. Come on in," Sojiro smiled.

"I was just updated about the hearing. Akechi, I'm happy to see you."

"It's nice to see you too, Mrs. L/N," Akechi smiled.

"I tried my best to get out of work, but they needed me and I wasn't able to attend the hearing. So, tell me how everything went."

"Let's just say, their statements were nothing but shit," I said.

"They were unorganized and all over the place," Yusuke said.

"Even if that man was connected to the police, Igor was not going to let that slide," Futaba said.

"Who was the man?" my mother asked.

"He used to be a co-worker of mine. We worked on different cases together. But we went our separate ways. I guess this was to get revenge on me as well as Eiko."

"Who's Eiko?"

"She was my ex. She was really clingy and accused me of everything. When I didn't talk to her for more than two days, she thought I was seeing someone else. It was during that time I was looking into the Phantom Thieves. That case was a hard one to crack, but I eventually figured it out. Enough about the past. Let's focus on what's important."

"This party!" Futaba smiled.

"I'm surprised you agreed to come here after the hearing," Yusuke said.

"No one passes up free food, Inari. Especially when it's Sojiro's."

Yusuke sighed and everyone in the room chuckled. After everyone settled down, they all left to catch the last train. My mother had left and it was just Akira, Akechi, and I. 

"You should be going," Sojiro said. "You don't want to miss the last train."

"We should be," Akechi said.

"Alright. See you later, Akira. Bye, boss."

"See you soon," Sojiro said.

"I'll see you later," Akira said. 

We left and headed to the train station. We sat down on the train and headed to Shibuya. I rested my head on Akechi's shoulder. I took in a deep breath and fell asleep. At our stop, Akechi picked me up bridal style and walked to his apartment. He set me in the guest room bed. He kissed my forehead.

"Goodnight, Y/N."

He walked out of the room and went to bed.

I woke up and walked out to the kitchen. Akechi was up and making breakfast. He had some music going and he was dancing along to it. I smiled at him. I silently pulled out my phone and recorded him. He started to sing along. He had a pretty nice voice. I stopped and called out to him.

"Morning, Akechi," I said.

He yelled and dropped his spatula. He looked over at me and sighed. He bent down and picked up his spatula.

"How long have you been standing there?"

"To see the entire thing."

Akechi smiled nervously, "I-I hoped you enjoyed the show."

"I did."

I walked over to him. He kissed my cheek and I hugged him. He hugged back and pulled away.

"I've got to get this off before it burns," he said.

"What were you making?"

"Pancakes," he smiled.

"Of course," I said.

He handed me a plate with a couple on them, "I hope you enjoy."

"Thank you, Akechi."

We both ate breakfast together.