Chapter 7

"Y/N."

I looked up and saw Akechi was standing in front of me.

"I went to Shinjuku last night and got information about your father."

"He left Japan."

"Oh? He did?"

"Yeah. My mother told me."

"I have more info as well. Meet me at Leblanc later tonight."

I nodded and got on the train to head to school. I sat throughout the day without listening to anything the teachers were saying. I was interested in what Akechi had to tell me. When the last bell rung, I grabbed my things and headed to Leblanc. I put my things down and joined Sojiro behind the counter.

"I thought you were going to see your mother today," Sojiro said.

"She told me not to worry about her. That I should continue going to school and come here to work."

"Ok. If you want to take a break, don't hesitate to ask."

I nodded Akira walked in with a group of people.

"Hey, what's going on?" Sojiro asked.

"Oh, do you mind if we all hang out here?" Akira asked.

"Don't make too much noise. I don't want you to disturb the customers."

"We won't," Akira said.

"Who are your friends?" I asked Akira.

"This is Ryuji, Ann, Yusuke, Futaba, you know Makoto and Haru probably."

"Nice to meet you," Ann said.

"I think we've seen each other before," Ryuji said.

"Nice to meet you as well," Yusuke said.

I nodded and they walked upstairs. There wasn't anybody there so I sat at the counter and did my homework. I looked at the clock and saw it was almost the end of my shift. Akechi said he would be here. Where was he?

"Alright, is everyone ready?" the cat asked.

"Let's do this!" the blond said.

"Alright, Joker. Let's go," the brown haired girl said.

I followed them as they made their way back to where the treasure was. They watched as it floated up and into a space ship. I made my way up there before they did. I saw Okumura's shadow waiting for them. Now all I had to do was wait. I hid in the shadows as I watched them talk for a bit and then they started to fight. It lasted a while, but once they were done, they took care of Okumura quickly.

"Come on, we need to get out of here."

"What about my father? Will he be ok?"

"Yes. Come on, we don't have much time!"

They grabbed the treasure and left. Now it was my time. I grabbed my gun and shot him across the chest. He fell onto the ground and sighed.

"U-utopia."

I walked over to him and finished him off. I smirked and left the palace before it crumbled. I landed on my feet and straightened out my attire. I looked at my watch and headed towards Leblanc. I still had to tell Y/N about the information I had gotten from her father.

The door opened up and I saw Akechi walk through the door. My heart started pounding faster and faster.

"Hi, Y/N."

"I thought you wouldn't come."

"I told you I was coming, didn't I?"

"Yeah."

"Come on, let's grab a booth."

"Do you want any coffee?"

"No I am quite alright. Thank you, though."

We grabbed the booth by the corner and he pulled out a notepad.

"When I was at Shinjuku, I managed to grab your father's business card. I gave him a call last night and got some information out of him."

"You actually contacted my father?"

"Yes. He was hesitant with giving me information, but I was able to get it out of him. His location is Montgomery, Alabama."

"He fled to the US? Why?"

"He fled due to what he knows. He knows something that the government was after him. So he fled."

"I need to go talk to him."

"You worry about school, Y/N. I will take care of this situation."

"Why can't I come with you?"

"This is a matter you asked me to take care of. As your detective, I will handle this situation."

I sighed and nodded, "Thank you, Akechi."

"I must be going. Shall I walk you to the train station?"

"S-sure," I said and grabbed my things. We walked to the station together and waited for the train.

"I'll talk to you later, Y/N."

I nodded and we took the trains we needed. I walked inside the house and set my things in my room. I wanted to go see my father, but I knew Akechi would not want that for me. Going out of Japan would be suspicious if two people went and one of them was a detective. I sighed, realizing that this was his mission and he needed to do this alone.

"Everything has been done. Yes, I did kill his shadow before he could return. Yes, everything should be fine. All we need to do is wait. Understood. Um, I don't know what you mean by that. I-I can't, sir. Sir, I—please let me explain. I see. Yes, I understand now."

I hung up and shook my head, "I need to complete this for the sake of Y/N. But the mental shutdowns—no. I need to complete this before I finish my work on the mental shutdowns. Besides, they won't be with Shido until the very end of this situation. I still have time to track him down." I grabbed my laptop and got a flight to Alabama. I thought about three days would do it. I got the tickets and started packing my things to head over there. "Whatever it takes," I whispered. "I'll do whatever it takes to make sure Y/N doesn't know the truth." Am I really doing the right thing here? He needs to be eradicated since he has the last information I need on the cognitive pscience. If I deal with him, I can complete my mission and make sure no one can go back into that place ever again. I smirked and finished packing. But that smirk disappeared once she came to my mind.

"I'm sorry, Y/N."