Car Rides and Shadows.

Chapter six: Car Rides and Shadows

Liam's P.O.V.

I got up pretty late this morning. My dream was very...vived. I wasn't able to control my actions and it frightened me. I didn't like being controlled. I hopped out of bed, shaking off the dream. I got a glance of myself in the mirror. Wow that was an interesting image. The hair on the right side of my head was matted down. Like completely matted down. The other side of my hair was standing up in tiny little groups. I was surprised when I laughed. I went back to my bed and lifted up my pillow, revealing my phone. I grabbed it then took the unattractive selfie. I squinted my eyes and made a huge toothy grin. When I flipped the camera around, I felt awkward. I looked good. Extremly good. Can't a guy just take one bad picture once in awhile? Even if my hair was a wreck, and I made the weirdest expression in the world, my picture came out flattering. I wonder if Zayn or Harry ever felt like that. Maybe not. I hobbled out of my room and out into the long, picture filled hallway. Alot of the pictures were of the boys and I, but pictures of my family were scattered around as well. I took a left into my kitchen and opened a cabinet door. It was eye level, which made it easy for me to see my selection of cereal. Frosted Flakes, Cheerios, and Fruity Pebbles. Great... I made a mental note to go to the store soon. I took the box of Cheerios and placed it on the counter. I went to the bottom cabinet, pulled out the largest bowl, and poured my Cheerios halfway up. Getting milk, I poured a tiny amount in, then grabbed a fork and headed to the dinning room table. I shoveled those bites in one after another. Now I know what it feels like to be Niall in the mornings. I was surprisingly hungry, so I was finished in less then a minute. I cleaned up then headed back to my room. When I got there I saw I had a message from Harry on my phone. I clicked on it.

"Hey Liam, brooke and lexi cant make it tonight so it just going to be me, lou, niall, zayn, emma, cami, riley and you. So i was thinking we could get together earlier and just hang. You can pick lou, riley and i up at my house. Dont be too jealous mate;) ~Harry"

Huh? Why was Riley at his house? I guess I wasn't jealous, I was just... Curious. I also thought it was strange Alexis and Brooke wouldn't be able to make it, and both Harry and Louis were together. They better not be planning something. They know I get scared easily. I hurriedly typed my reply.

"Why would I be jealous? And what time should I pick you all up? Do the others know?

~Liam"

I typed with good grammar because I hated the look of texts if they didn't have it. Yeah, I'm kind of weird like that. I strolled over to my window that was at the other side of my room. It was bright outside, and looked fairly warm for an autumn day. I unlatched the window, and lifted it up, feeling the cool breeze. My phone buzzed and I looked at the message.

"just never mind Liam dear. The others know and you should pick us up at one, so like an hour from now.

~Harry"

I told him that was fine, and I plopped my phone down on the bed. I turned and saw my untidy reflection again. I grabbed some clothes then went into the bathroom to take a much needed shower.

************

I stepped out of the shower and put a long towel around my waist. My long flippy hair was matted on my head. Not just one side, but both sides. I shook my head and tiny droplets of water flew from my hair tips. The mirror was covered with mist, so I took my finger and drew a smiley face, right over my blurred reflection. I laughed then smoothed my hand over it, making it disappear. I opened the bathroom door, and took a step out. I froze. There was something in the corner of my eye. It was big, like a person, but black, like a shadow. I hoped with everything in me it was just a prank by Harry and Louis. I blinked, then turned my head to the black mass. It was gone. I convinced myself that I was imagining things. I was probably just anxious for the haunted house tonight. I started walking the opposite way, towards my room, then broke into a sprint. If you don't already know this, I would like to say it is extremely hard to run in a towel. I ended up waddling like a penguin instead. I threw my clothes on, combed my wet hair, then ran out to my car. My watch read 12:57 p.m. I guess I would have to be a little late. My first stop, Harry's house.