'Cross'roads

Chapter twenty-seven: 'Cross'roads

A/N: Sorry, real quick, sorry for late updates, I being the butt I am, forgot to save my chapter so half of it got deleted so I had to rewrite it -_-". I know this chapter isn't rich in detail, but I'm going to come back and edit it, but I thought you amazing people deserved an update:) 6,122 reads!!! Da butt?!?! You guys rock!!

Emma's P.O.V.

Niall and I found Brooke waiting by the bar counter. She had a  far off look in her eyes and had her fore fingers on her lips. I could hear Louis and Zayn shuffling in the next room over. I wonder how hard this was on him. Zayn, I knew he loved her. He loved Cami more than I've seen him love anyone else; maybe even equal to his own family. After seeing her dead, he now has to pick up her dead body and stare at her with wet eyes, and her body never moving again, her lips never saying his name, her eyes forever closed.

As we began to slowly approach Brooke, Niall reached out for my hand and intertwined our fingers. His hands were clammy and damp, but I didn't recoil. I knew the stress we were all under, the panic and sadness, bitter and anger. Most of all, we were all just broken. Liam kept buzzing through my head, I was wondering if he had suffered the same fate Cami had. Harry, Riley, and Alexis wound through my head as well, wondering if something was happening at this moment. And most of all, the ending of this night was not foreseeable in my future. That is what scared me the most. I couldn't see any of us moving on from this night, still mentally or physically trapped in this h*ll hole. What would happen to us then? Would we slowly dwindle and become insane? Die? Heaven doesn't even know at this point, but I'm sure Hell does.

Brooke seemed to snap somewhat to her senses when we were a foot away from her. She still looked dazed and lost though.

"You didn't have to come down here you know." I said above a whisper to her. She looked straight ahead, unblinking, and spoke.

"No, Louis needs me. I know you can't see it, but Louis is a mess on the inside. It sounds weird... but I feel like I can, like, sense what he is thinking." She still did not blink. I didn't like the direction she was headed in. She reminded me of the creepy little girl from Forget Me Not, all innocent and quiet until she snaps at the end. The thing was, I didn't really want to point any fingers, so I just let Niall rub my knuckles soothingly. I knew I would be safe if I was with Niall, he was like my angel and would never hurt me... or anyone I guess...

"You're wrong. " Brooke's head snapped to me and I wasn't sure if she was addressing me.

"What?" I said, confused. She burned me straight in the eye with her gaze. She could read me, I thought to myself. Like an open book... but that's crazy right? Yeah, and so is the situation you are in. My own voice said to me in my head.

"I said you were wrong Emma." Brooke said again, and at this point we held each others gaze, wondering everything and nothing at the same time, bending and twisting, trying to understand.

"Emma didn't say anythin' Brooke. If you two are pulling sometin' here then-" Niall started getting frustrated with the situation. Brooke cut him off.

"No, sorry, my mistake." Then she looked him in the eye and seemed to glare right through him. "We aren't the ones pulling anything." Then she bowed her head, folded her hands, and walked around the corner to Lou and Zayn. Suspicion rolled through my mind, but I wasn't sure who from.

"What the h*ll was that?" Niall said stepping in front of me. He had a grown a couple inches now that he stood over me like a tower. I looked at his cheek, not wanting to meet his eye.

"Your guess is as good as mine..." I crossed my arms and looked at the tile rimming the bar. I heard him sigh.

"Let's just go help the lads." Niall brushed against me then led me to the others. What are these feelings I'm feeling?