Complications

Chapter two: Complications

Riley's P.O.V.

I opened the door and hoped I could sneak past my parents room without them hearing me. I was way late getting back so I guess I wasn't shocked to see them right in the door frame.

"Where the h*ll have you been?" My mom yelled at me. "I was worried sick about you!"

I shrugged my shoulders. "I was with Liam..." My mom put her hand on her forhead. "Just Liam?" I knew my mom hated when I hung out with him alone.

"Well yeah but not the whole time. Alexis and Harry were with us until half an hour before I left."

"And when was that?" My mom said even louder. I put my hands over my face and rubbed them up and down.

"Liam took me home at 10:45."

My mom scoffed. "And when were you supposed to be home at Riley?"

I gave an annoyed sigh. "11:00." My mom just kept pilling on the questions.

"How far away were you?"

I replied, "Liam lives 15 minutes away. Anything else?"

She gave me a stern look.

"Actually yes there is. If you left at 10:45 and it takes 15 minutes to get here, then what were you doing for the past 20 minutes?" I started to clench my fists together. I wasn't outside with Liam for 20 minutes. I was maybe out there for 5. Looking at the clock I gasped. It was 11:23. My cheeks got hot remebering our little cuddle scene in his car. Oh yeah, that was definetly what took the most time. My mom was still waiting for a reply.

"We sat outside in his car and talked for a bit then he invited me to go to a haunted house with him and the guys."

She looked at me with unconvinced eyes. "Uh..huh..." She said eyeing me. "You are definetly not going. Now go up to your room I don't want to hear another word."

I scoffed. No way. She can not do this. "Mom Alexis and all of them are coming too!" I pleaded. She glared at me then pointed up towards my room. "Not another word. I don't trust those, boys, at all!" She spat in my face. What? Why didn't she trust them? They are all super trustworthy, (especially Liam) I added to myself.

"Why?" I asked my mom. "Why don't you trust them?" I couldn't help but squeeze my hands so tight that the nails made indents on my skin.

"First off," My mom said pointing her finger to make emphises. "Liam is 2 years older then you. Louis is almost 4 years older which is even worse if I say so myself. These boys, they're reckless! They are famous, and so uncontrollable!" She said getting angrier. I wasn't quite sure why, but I was on the verge of real tears.

"You don't even know them!" I shouted this time, "You know absolutley nothing about them!"

"I know enough!" She said. "They are just like any other boy band!"

I didn't look at her, for the tears began falling from my eyes. "How about you get a clue mom, because in case you haven't noticed, those boys are five of my very best friends." I snapped at her and walked up the stairs to my room. I could hear her yelling but I honestly did not care at this point. When I reached my room I plopped down on my bed and hid my face in my very unstuffed pillow. When I couldn't hold my breathe much longer I lifted my head up only to reveal a giant wet spot where my face had been. Great. That's just disgusting. I walked over to my dresser and grabbed my phone that I had left here on accident. On my way to grab it I caught a glimpse of myself in mirror. This image didn't please me too much either. My long dirty blonde hair was all over the place and my cheeks were red and splotchy.