Truth and Scare

Chapter twenty-five: Truth and Scare

Harry's P.O.V.

We let Zayn cry. That's all we could do. Were we supposed to tell him that it was alright and Cami is okay, in a better place? No. Zayn doesn't want to believe she is in a better place, because the best place for her, is in his arms. He sobbed and moaned and slid down the door. Riley sat across from me and Alexis was standing up with her head on the wall, crossing her arms. Louis was rested against the banister and Brooke was sitting on his lap. They both looked deep in thought, their eyes coddled in shock and confusion. I could hear Niall's deep sighs from the room below and Liam was criss cross and resting his chin on his thumbs. They burned white. Nobody talked. Sobs and depression hung in the air like a thousands tons about to fall and consume everything. The quite became loud and I felt like my thoughts were open to everyone, like headphones blaring too loud. Alexis shuffled. I wanted to say something to her, but I was afraid I was going to say the wrong thing. I had this vibe that she didn't want to be around me or anyone. I didn't like it. I had to try though.

"Alexis?" I asked, my words vibrating in constant waves. All eyes turned to me like a pack of hungry wolves. Alexis just turned her head subtly towards me, still crossing her arms.

"What?" She grumbled back, avoiding my eye contact.

"I-" I started to say when she pursed her lips. I stopped mid sentence. Before I could continue, she snapped around and gave out an anger filled growl. I scooted as much as I could to the door consuming my hand, when she went to the banister and kicked it with a whole bunch of force. Riley leaped to me, and Louis turned and covered Brooke.

"What the h*ll?" I started to say to her when she kicked it again and we all heard a thick, crunchy, snap. Splinters flew out from the rail and she bent down on her knee and ripped the rest of the wood with her hands. A long brown cylinder was gripped tightly with her force.

"Zayn, go to the corner of the closet." She said. What the h*ll is she doing? "Zayn." She said persistently. There was a sniffle from Zayn then a shuffle.

"Okay, I-I'm in th-th-the c-c-corn-n-ner now-w." Zayn shook and his voice quivered. Without warning, Alexis got this evil stare in her eyes, she raised the piece of banister over her head, and rammed it into the door. I shielded myself with my free hand, and screamed like a little girl. She did it again and again and again until she made a hole in the door.

"Zayn, can you see me?" She asked him, clearing the hole out some more.

"Mmhmm." He said and sniffed in.

"Okay, I see you. Stand back again, I'm going to get Harry's hand out!" She said and lifted the broken banister piece back over her head.

"WAIT!" I shouted, wincing.

"What?" She snapped at me. I breathed out.

"Just, never mind..." I decided to say instead of making her more mad. She rolled her eyes and gave out a sound that sounded like a fearful battle cry. The whole door vibrated this time on impact. She worked her way to my hand and by the time she got there, my arm felt limp. It smacked against the splinters, and little dots of blood oozed from it. I couldn't feel it. I don't know what creeped me out more. That blood creeped from my arm in a limp thud, or that I couldn't feel or move my arm. I shivered.

"Can someone help me please? I can't feel my arm..." I said, wincing as I used my other hand to move it. I'm not sure if you knew this already, but arms are WAY heavier then they seem. Riley came over and lifted my arm up, and puffed out her cheeks as the sound of my arm leaving the sprinter prison slugged out.

"Ew. Ew. Ew. Harry, you're bleeding like no tomorrow!" She squirmed and Alexis made a bigger hole in the wall so Zayn could fit through and get out. I knew what she was thinking. My hand was still cut up from the cabinet door. I'm going to try and stay away from wood for the rest of my life.