meredith grey {request}

requested by kekeiik_me

meredith and cristina fighting over you

today was your first day working at grey sloan memorial hospital, and you were beyond excited. you were transferred as a cardio fellow, and so far everything was going great! besides almost every surgeon in the building trying to get with you, you loved your new job.

dr. cristina yang had stood out the most. she had been trying to impress you all day with her cardio skills. you thought it was cute, but you were a very experienced cardiothoracic surgeon so you had seen most of the tricks in the book. someone else that caught your eye was meredith grey. dr. yang was absolutely gorgeous, but there was just something about meredith that caught your attention.

"so, dr. y/l/n, how are you liking the hospital so far?" meredith asked with a warm smile as you sat down at the cafeteria table with some of the other doctors. cristina glared at her best friend. you returned the smile, "oh i love it! everyone is so nice an-" "so what did you think of my surgery today?" cristina cut you off with her question. you tried not to look surprised, and politely answered the question, "it was very impressive! you have a talent, dr. yang!" she gave a proud smile. meredith just rolled her eyes. lexie (she was sitting across from you) noted this whole encounter and just smiled to herself.

---

a little while later, you were scanning the o.r. board for your name when lexie walked over. "oh hi, dr. grey!" you greeted her. "oh, call me lexie! by the way, i know you have an eye for my sister." "i-um-" you were absolutely taken off guard. "no don't worry! i ship you guys, but the only problem is everyone else in the hospital has an eye for you. we have to fix this-" she was cut off by doctor karev who stood between the two of you.

"so, dr. y/l/n, what do you say you, me, on-call room in five?" this was the third time today that alex has hit on you. "hey! what the hell, karev?" lexie hit alex on the shoulder, receiving a laugh from you. "i'm afraid that's a no, dr. karev." he rolled his eyes and walked away. you and lexie just laughed and continued small talk.

---

at the end of your very long shift, you were placing the last of your belongings away when meredith walked up to you. "how was your first day, y/n?" "it was amazing! i love it here; everyone is so nice. especially you," you commented. meredith's smile widened, "that's good to hear! i meant to ask you this before, but would you want to have dinner some time?"

you were flattered, so of course you said yes. "when are you free?" "right now!" you grinned at meredith's response, "perfect." the two of you were about to leave together when cristina walked in.