lexie grey {request}

requested by twiggycarr

lexie falling for you while she is still with mark

"y/n!" you lifted your head at the sound of lexie's voice. you smiled as your eyes met hers, and walked over to where she stood. "what's up?" you asked. "my shift is over so i'm just going to joe's. wanna join?" her adorable smile made you want to melt right there, but you couldn't. she was with mark. "ugh i wish i could, but dr. shepherd has me working this case until i can figure it out. i'm sorry," you groaned. lexie pouted, but nodded her head in understanding.

"oh, lexie!" your heart dropped at the sound of the handsome plastic surgeon's voice. lexie turned to meet mark's gaze. "you want to go to joe's? i just had the longest shift ever," mark laughed. "uh, yeah sure! bye, y/n." lexie pouted as she leaned in for a quick hug and followed mark to the hospital entrance. you sighed and went to work on your case.

* * *

adorable giggles caught your attention as you read through some charts. you lifted your head to make eye contact with the bubbly brunette. "hey, lex-" before you could finish your sentence, you were dragged out of the front door of the hospital. "what is going on?" your breath caught in your throat when you noticed the snowflakes falling around the two of you.

lexie watched in awe as you caught the snowflakes with your tongue and hands. you felt her eyes on you, so you turned to meet her gaze. "i knew you would love it." you blushed at her words and laughed along with her. "i do. it reminds me of-" "home. i know. i've noticed that you've been upset lately, so i wanted to help out. that's what i'm here for after all!" your heart had never felt more full than it did at this moment. all you wanted was to lean in and kiss her, but you couldn't do that to mark.

a tear fell down you face as you smiled at the brunette in front of you. her eyebrows furrowed with concern, "what's wrong, y/n/n? i didn't mean to make you upset!" she placed her hand on your face and wiped away your tear. "no, i'm not upset. i'm the opposite actually. you have made me more happy than i've been in a long time. thank you so much, alexandra caroline grey."

her soft smile returned as she stared into your eyes. it took everything in you to not kiss her right there. she seemed to remember that she was in a relationship, and snapped out of it. she squeezed your hand, and made her way back into the hospital, leaving you to think about everything.

* * *

a few days later, you were in the cafeteria getting ready to eat lunch. you grabbed your tray and smiled when you saw lexie. you made your way over to the table, but stopped when you saw that mark was with her. not wanting to disturb their lunch, you say by yourself at a nearby table. this sucks. how can i compete with him? someone slamming their hand on a table snapped you out of your thoughts.

you looked around to where the sound came from and saw mark stand up and march away. lexie's head dropped into her hands. totally forgetting about your lunch, you leapt up and walked over to her table. she didn't even lift her head at the sound of you sitting down, so you grabbed her arm, "what's wrong, lexie? if he hurt you i swear to god." she just let out a sob. knowing that she needed privacy from everyone in the cafeteria, you pulled her out of her chair and into a nearby on-call room.

as soon as you locked the door, you turned around and engulfed her in a warm hug. she cried into your shoulder as you stroked her hair. "tell me what happened," you pleaded. "i-i hurt him. i never meant t-to, but i can't do it anymore." your eyebrows furrowed in confusion and you say lexie down on the bed. "what do you mean?" "i broke up with him." you wiped more tears from her eyes, "why? i thought you loved him?" "i did... but i-i love someone else, and i couldn't continue to do that to him."

you heart seemed to fall to the floor in hearing that lexie loved someone else, but you pulled it together for her, "i'm so sorry, lexie, but you did the right thing. i think you should tell whoever you love the truth because that will take so much weight off of your shoulders." she looked up at you, "okay. i love you." for a second, you were blindsided; you had no idea that lexie really felt the same way that you did.

your eyes twinkled with hope, "me?" lexie laughed at you and took your face into her hands. she leaned in and captured your lips in a loving and long-awaited kiss. you returned the favor and melted into her hands. she pulled away for air and you quietly whispered, "i love you too."

a/n: she is my favorite person ever. not proofread.