Cuts and Promises

"Dani! Come back here!"

Dani pulled her hand away from mine. She started to walk away. And she didn't stop even after Christina shouted her name a couple times. I tried to lift my body a bit, but then I realize it is not a good decision right after I did it. I feel the pain on my skull and also on my back a bit. It caught Lauren's attention, and shes just started to freak out. "Lisa, are you okay?!" I could see her stare at me in shocked.

Lauren's panic voice just slap everyone in the room, and they started panicking too. I feel like wanting to laugh seeing this, but also I don't want to cause any pain to my body, so I stayed silent. I grab Kath's hand before she could walk for calling the doctor. I don't want anyone else in here right now. and I need to talk to Dani. My eyes are looking for her existence, which found her right away. she doesn't move, and look at me with scared look.

"I'm okay." I said weakly. I heard some exhales, but then I get my focus on my baby sister, Dani, again. "Dani, what the heck are you doing? Why did you leave?!" Kath said, and I could hear angry tone a bit in her voice.

"Danielle, come here," I look at her tenderly. Try to tell her that there's nothing to be scared of. "please."

She looks like having a mental battle in her mind, but after a minute of just standing there, she finally gave in and walk closer to me. Lauren gave her room to stand right next to me. I closed my eyes a few seconds, try to feel the pain, and hoping it would be just gone for now. "I'm sorry for running away." Dani mumbled, and I heard it so I gave her a weak smile as a reply to her mumble that it's okay. I reach for her hand again, shes flinched a little, but she grab my hand again.

"Dani, look at me." I said sternly, like the older sister supposed to be. Dani still stare at the ground before she decided to meet my eyes. I'm paying attention to all her features. Her green eyes looks paler than I've ever seen in my entire life. Her skin is colder than it ever was before. She looks skinnier, and the black under her eyes is making everything look worse. I put my focus on her eyes. I already know that she is surrender now. she knows that I know. I pulled her sleeve slowly, while feeling the tears started to fill my eyes. Her hands become so weak, and I noticed that she's crying now. crying in silent.

"Oh my god." Lauren gasped when I finished to pull one of the sleeve up. I heard Christina gasping too, but she didn't say anything. After the both sleeves completely lifted up, the scars now are not having any cover. It shows to the world. There are bars. Some of them surely are healed, but I saw some new ones. They has purple around the new scars. I traced my fingers to my baby sister's both hands. Feeling the scars. Remembering how it felt when she cutted her hands. I was there and I became her for only 10 minutes. 10 minutes of her life, and I really couldn't stand it for any longer. It was hurt as heck.

I feel myself crying. "I know it hurts, Dani."

"No, you don't." she whispered, but it's loud enough for me to hear it. "Yes, I do."

"No."

"You. Don't." she growled, and our sisters are all jumped in surprised.

"Stop saying that. You don't understand. You won't understand. Nobody will." She said with full of emphasis in every word she said. "No one will ever understand my pain. Stop saying that, Lisa."