The News

Christina's POV

When I pick up the call from Caleb, I wasnt expecting anything important. Because he's always calling me to say someting like, "Hey Chris, I'm so tired. Could you please tell Nick to not giving me any work this week? you know that he's only listen to you, please, I'm dying."

Yes, I know Caleb. He's just like Nick's little brother. And I considered him as my little brother too. I know him since like Nick and I are dating, which means years ago. He's working with Nick in the company, and sometimes he sleeps here in our house. Technically, Caleb is family to Nick and I.

Then I remember when he called me, it was something that I never thought of. At first, it was Lauren, who's talking on the phone. "Christina! Lisa..." then she sobs. That was when I step on the break, and almost killing myself and my sister, Dani. I was just so surprised to have Lauren's voice on Caleb's phone. And she's sobbing, and plus she mentioned Lisa. What the heck is happening? Then I heard Caleb again. He said that they're on their way to the hospital. I think Caleb was shook too, because he was like stammers all the time.

Now we're here.

In the doctor's office.

I already called Kath and Ames. They're on their way. "Wait, are we not gonna wait for Kath and Amy?" Dani said from the couch. Doctor Julia understands, and I think this gonna be huge, because she tolerates that we're waiting for the rest of our family. I could feel my heart getting weaker, and when I look at my left, I found Lauren who's crying in silent. I grab her hand, and hold it under the table. She needs to know that she's not alone, and it wasn't her fault.

Then Katherine and Amy enters the room. they said hi, and sit on the couch with Dani and Caleb. "We could start now, doc." I said without waiting for anything else.

"Okay, first, I have to talk to the doctor that handling Lisa before she came to this hospital." She said. "I already called dr. Johnson. I will give you his number." I said while grabing Lauren's hand tighter. Dr. Julia nods, and then continue to speak.

"I have a bad news first. I found something different on her skull, theres cracks, am I right?" I nod, oh my gosh, why can't she just tell us already?? Okay chris, be patient. "What happened before? Why did she ends up in here? The cracks seems still new, so I assumed that Lisa was just out of the hospital, like days before. Now she's in the hospital again. Did some of you are trying to make her remember about her past?"

"No, it was an accident. My sister called Lisa with her old nickname." I said, then feeling Lauren's hand getting tensed. Dr. Julia nods and put her hands on the table. "I see. And that's makes Lisa thinks so hard. Now I am so sorry to tell you this, but Lisa is in coma right now. "

I gasp. Lauren's crying. and I don't know what happened with the rest of people on the couch. "What do you mean? How?" I said, not realize that I have tears out of my eyes.

"Apparently, Lisa is always forcing her brain to remember about her past. I noticed it because the cracks are not like little. It's bigger, and I assumed it was because she tried to think so hard. She's forcing her brain to do so. Pretty sure she's in pain in days, then its getting worse when the moment where one of you called her with her old nick name. it brings memory and emotions back into her life now. She already forced her brain to remember before, and now when she thinks she gets another clue about her old life, her brain will just trying to remember about it. thats when the cracks getting bigger. I have to talk to dr. Johnson because he have datas about Lisa's cracks. I will help her as I could, don't worry."

I'm crying. what does it mean? Was Lisa really trying to remember so hard until shes forcing her own brain? I should have know. Lauren's crying next to me. I couldn't help but wrapping my arms around her. she witnesses everything. This is going to be hard for us, especially Lauren.

"There are a bit percentage of Lisa will survive. The good news is, this hospital have anything that we needs to help her surviving. I will ask you signing some paper, and Lisa will moving into her own room right away. But also I have to tell you, that maybe Lisa couldn't be survive. This is all depends on her strength, her fight, and your prays. Now you could go to the administration wing, and signing the papers for Lisa. I will call dr. Johnson."

"Okay, thank you, doctor." I wipe out my tears, then just walk out of the room without waiting for anyone else. I just can't help myself. I really want to cry. A piece of me is like furious and mad because Lisa didn't listen to me. but theres another piece that feel a little bit broken, because I know that I could lose my baby sister, Lisa anytime. There's a possibility of her surviving but theres another possibilty that she wouldn't make it. I failed again. Oh my gosh, I really don't deserves to be calling a good oldest sister by my sisters. I have failed again.

I leaned my back to the wall. Thank god that this hall is not so crowded. I just cry with my face hidden in both of my arms. Why is this even happening? What did we do until we got this kind of thing happened?

"Sshh." I could smell olive oil from this person who hug me right now. I just cry on that person's chest.

"Why, Kath? I hate myself so much. why did this even happened?"

okay so... happy reading yall lol i have nothing to say hahah

love ya

comments

byee