I Have to

Katherine's POV

When we're still at the hospital, I know that I want to talk about what I read in my sister's journal. I already arranged this plan in my head. I want Amy and Dani to be in the car I'm driving. I read Lauren's too, but hers are not as dark as Ames and Dani. The reason why I want to talk about it with them now, in the car, is because if we talk about it together, I mean with Christina, Lauren and Lisa, it wouldn't be so great.

Chris has a problem to control her emotions. And Lisa will be confused. And Lauren will be sad. And Dani and Amy, they will feel like intimidated by us. So I decided to have a talk between the three of us first. Then we will talk about it again later as a family. That's all planned. And Thank goodness, Chris understands. She didn't fight me or asking why.

I look at Dani through the mirror. She's still sit in silence, looking down at her finger on her thigh. "Dani," I called her.

She doesn't answer. "Dan?" this is the second time. Now, I'm worried.

"Danielle Nicole!" I called her, a little bit yelling. Then she jumps. "Y-yes? Sorry, I was zoned out." She said, do not dare to look at me. Literally, she avoiding the mirror.

"Listen guys, I understand that you don't like the fact that I read all of your journal. But I have to. Those books are the only way we could find you days ago. And what read is pretty shocking." I said, then starts to run the car after the red turns green. "I won't judge you for everything you wrote in those books. You don't have to keep anything from us again."

We're surrounded by silence. Amy and Dani are not talking. They're just busy with their own mind I think. "So Amy, let's talk about your journal first, would you?" I asked.

One minute, she doesn't reply. Then she's taking a deep breath. Her bright eyes meets mine. She smiled a little then nod. "What happened?" I asked. I know what happened, but I just want to hear it from her directly.

"After Lisa left us, mom and dad starts to beat Lauren up. She was so fragile, and I don't know why would dad or mom hitted her. What did she do? I can't help it, so I tried to protect Lauren. But in the end, both of us became the target of their anger. We became their anger relief. We were in pain in months. I thought it was the worst, but turns out I was wrong. There's something else, much worse than that." I'm getting myself ready for the next sentences that will come out of Amy's mouth. I could see her holding back her tears.

"One night," Amy continued. "Mom called me to go to her room. I don't want causing any yell or fight, so I walk to her room. And I found her smoking and there were bottles of alcohol on the table. Then she told me to sit infront of her. I was scared so then I was just doing what her told me to. Then mom said, "Try this." She handed me a cigarette." I could hear her sniffle. And I could feel tears on my cheeks either. My little sister is taking a deep breath, forced herself to continuing the story. I hold her hand tightly, while the other one is on the steering wheel.

"I did told her that I don't want to." I feel my heart breaking. "but she forced me to, Kath. i swear I don't want to take that, but I can do nothing. Because mom said she will hurt Dani and Lauren if I said no and didn't obey her orders. I can't let her hurting Laur and Dani. They are already suffered, they don't need to get any single wound because of me didn't obey mom's orders."

Dani is unlocked her safety-belt, then move closer and hold Amy's hand. She's crying. All of us are crying. "So I take it. I did it. I thought it will happen for once only, but I was wrong. After that night, mom was always called me to join her smoking in her room. In a week, she would forced me to smoke at least four days. It's become an addiction, Kath. I don't know what am I supposed to do. I was always hiding from my friends, because I don't want them to know that I have smoking-addiction. Whenever I saw Laur or Dani got beaten, I can't help myself to angry at mom and dad. But I know if I did something about them, it won't create any happy ending for us. So I smoke, to calming myself. I tried to not doing that, but I can't help it, Kath."

I pulled over, then look at Amy. She's so fragile right now. She used to be fragile all the time, but now I see her more than my baby-fragile-sister. She's more than that. She's strong, and brave, and a sister anyone could ask for. She protected Lauren and Dani in a way that I think inappropriate.

"Then mom stops, she stops calling me to her room." She chuckled in her tears. "You have no idea how happy I was because finally I don't have to smoke anymore. It kills me. I was in my own battle with the addiction. I don't want to smoke anymore, so I have to fight all of the smoking desires. It's so hard as heck, but as soon as I set myself busy for the runaway plan, I finally could taking steps away from smoking. But Katherine, I'm scared. What if I eve going to smoke again? I dont want to do that." I pull Amy into a hug. She's crying on my shoulder. This makes my heart hurt so bad. Little Ames have gone through those bad times. And I am not even there to protect her.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry." I whispered to her, while hugging her so tight. "I'm so proud of you, Ames. I'm not going to leave you again, I promise. I'm so sorry." I pulled myself out, then wrapped Amy's face with my both hands. "Listen to me, we will help you okay? you're not alone."

Amy is smiling, then nod. We hug again, then I look at Dani.

YAASHSHHHSHSHSH HOW BOUT THIS LAAADSS!!!???? so apparently mom was forced Ames to do smoking. something that Ames dont want to. and its become an addiction. but thank god, shes stop.

now, you may wonder what will happen to Dani.

lmao, this is so scary you guys hahah

okkk byee

comment !!!!

see yaaaaaaaa