The Court Pt. 2

Katherine's POV

I watch my parents walking entering the room with cops on their side. Mom and dad stare at us with this anger, and disgust look. I don't understand. What have we done until they gave that look to us? I look at my left, then found a shaking Lauren. She literally just sat there, next to me, while her brown eyes stare at our parents. right after they sat on their chair, my baby sister is looking down, play with her fingers.

"You're safe, Lo. Don't worry, I'm here. They won't touch you." Lauren jumped a little when I grab her hand. I glance at my parents one more time, before the judges starts to talk. I look at my right, then grab Amy's hand. And then Dani grab Lauren's hand. We're holding eachother hands, a sign for one and another that we're together. No one feels alone.

I was zoned out when suddenly Ben stood up. "My clients here has been abused in this two years."

He talks about the statement of my baby sisters being abused in this two years, he talks about the documents, which is happened to be my sister's journals. Benjamin is my very good friend. He's a friend of Taylor too, and we hang out couple times. As soon as Chris telling me that our parents has not become officially prisoners yet, I called him right away. Telling Ben about the situation. And thank God, he could help. It was last minute, and I'm so grateful that he would do that. I gave him all of the journals that belongs to my three baby sisters. He studied those in just days. And now he's talking about all of it to the judges, while my parents stare at him without any emotion and I think they wouldnt be able to find any excuses. I feel Amy's hand holding mine tighter. I rub her hand with my thumb, then listen to the whole thing that Ben said.

Then the judges wants Amy to come and sit on the chair in the corner. There is a desk too, with a microphone on it. she was asked to do her witnesses. "You can do it, Ames. Tell them everything." I whispered, and then kissing her forehead before she get up. She looks at me, then Lauren, then Dani, and then smile. Amy is walking to the chair, then sit on it.

"M-my name is A-amy Cim-cimorelli." She stuttered. I look at her then mouthing "Breath." then giving her my smile, telling her that it's okay. she nods and then begin to speak again. "I've been abused by my own parents for this two years. Mom always forcing me to smoke and drink alcohol, which I didn't want to. And if I said no, she will beat me until I fell to the ground. And then dad, he always come home drunk. He was always beat one of us until he feels satisfied. He wouldnt stop until he saw, at least, there's one wound on our body."

Amy goes on and on and on talking about her days in that house. I feel so angry hearing all of that. I can't believe that my parents did all that to her. to my baby sisters. I look at the couple that I used to love and respect, and they were just stare at Amy with no expression except annoyed. Oh my gosh, didn't they even care that they will literally be in jail for like...a long time? because this is a serious case. A case like abusing child is forever will be a serious case. The punishment for it won't be so easy too. Its a thing that you shouldn't have underestimate.

So basically there are only two things. It's either they don't care about this whole trial. Or they knew that theres no way they could get away from all of the charge. they knew that they're wrong, and there's no way that they could find excuses.

"I could show you." Amy said. "This, is when I said no when shes forcing me to drink with her. This caused by a burned cigarettes. She sticking it to my arms." Amy's rolling up her sleeves, giving all of the judges a better look. And I could see it too from where I sit. It's not so clear, but pretty sure I see a black scar. "Remember when we cried for hours while cleaning those wounds, Laur?" Dani look at Lauren, while me look at them both.