Bracelets Are For Arms, Not For Cutting

"Fuck my life" I mumbled, stomping to my favorite tree and throwing my backpack down. I sat down and dug through my backpack. "Fucking hell! Where is it!" I shouted, frustrated. "Aha!" I shouted with joy, pulling out my shiny best friend.

I layed my arm out in front of me and ripped off my bracelets. I was about to make contact with my skin, tears pouring out of my eyes and down my face, when my blade was ripped from my grip.

"HEY!" I yelled looking up at the person. "GIVE THAT- Oh my God" I said, realizing who it was. "Yo-yo-you're Kellin Quinn!!" I said, shocked then realized my arm was still layed out, all the scars visible. I quickly retracted it and he kneeled down next to me.

"Hold out your arm again" He said and I shook my head. "Cmon" He said and I hesitently layed my arm out again, tears pouring faster and looked away as I heard him sigh.

"Whats your name?" He asked, almost a whisper.

"Domonique" I said quietly, still looking away and crying.

"Why do you do this to yourself Domonique?" He asked, sad.

"My life is fucked up. My parents don't give a shit about me, once I graduate in a couple months, I'm being kicked out, I was just fired from my job and I'm starting to fail classes." I sobbbed and he sighed, bringing me into a hug.

"Look, take my number and call or text if you ever need anything. Bracelets are for arms, not for cutting." He gave me a piece of paper, kissed my forehead and scurried off.

I looked at the paper and written on it was his number and one quote.

"Bracelets are for arms, not for cutting" - Kellin Quinn