New Kid

"HANNAH! GO MEET THE NEW PEOPLE ACROSS THE STREET!" My mom yelled from downstairs. I slipped on my black combat boots and trudged down the stairs. I went across the street and knocked on the door.

"Hello?" A boy answered. I looked up and the most beautiful boy ever stood before me.

He had shoulder length, curly black hair and tan skin.

"Hi, I'm Hannah, my mom sent me over to meet you guys."

"Oh, well I'm Robert Ortiz" He said, holding out his hand for me to shake. "Nice to meet you" He smiled a warm smile.

"Nice to meet you too." I said, shaking his hand.

"MOM! COME HERE!" He yelled and his mom came down the stairs.

"Hey Robby, who's this?" She asked, gesturing to me.

"This is our new neighbor Hannah."

"Hi! My mom sent me over here to say hi to you guys so... hi!" I said, waving.

"Hi Hannah! Nice to meet you! Where do you live?"

"Oh, right across the street right there" I said, pointing to my house.

"Oh, okay, I'll have to meet your mom sometime" She said and she left.

"How about I take you for a walk around the neighborhood" I suggested to Robert.

"Sure." He said, slipping on his black boots. "Mom! I'm going for a walk!"

"Alright honey!" She called as he closed the door.

We walked in a comfortable silence for about 5 minutes before I decided to break it.

"So, why'd you move here?"

"My parents divorced" He said, kicking a rock.

"Oh mine are too" I said, kicking the same rock. "So, how old are you?"

"15, I'm in the 9th grade."

"Oh me too!" I said, happy he was in my grade.

"Awesome! I start on Monday, so I'll see you there?"

"Unfourtantly" I said with a small smile. "School's boring."

"Yup, but you'll miss it once it's over."

"True, true" I agreed.

"I think this is a start of a beautiful friendship" He looked at me with a smile.

"I agree" I said, looking into his deep brown eyes.