Thunderstorm (Matt Nicholls)

I heard another crack of thunder and screamed, covering myself with the covers on my bed. A few tears escaped my eyes as I curled into a trembling ball. I am absolutley terrified of thunderstoms, especially when I'm alone.

My phone rang and I grabbed it off of my nightstand, answering itt and putting it up to my ear.

"H-Hello?"

"Lydia? Are you okay?" Matt asked.

"I hate storms." I cried.

"It's okay, I'll be right there." He said and hung up. I curled back up into a ball and tried to calm down. 

"LYDIA!" I heard my boyfriend, Matt, call.

"In here!" I said and heard his footsteps get closer. He pulled the covers off of me and wrapped me tightly in his arms.

"It's okay, I'm here now." He said, stroking my hair as I cuddled into his chest. "Why didn't you tell me you were afraid of storms? I would've been here a long time ago!"

"Cause it's stupid."

"No, it's not. It's a fear. People have fears, it's okay. I don't think of you any different and I don't love you any less."

"I love you Matt." I said, looking up at him.

"I love you too Lydia." He said, kissing my lips. I heard another crack of thunder and lightning lit up my room, making me squeal and cuddle back into his chest.