39.

Warning:
Death, Violence, Kidnap

The men crept toward the bushes nearby Al Capone's warehouse. Darren pokes his head slowly up as more of Michael's men came from behind to gather around. Leon manages to convince twenty men and left the remaining five men to guard the manor back in Gary. "How many of Al Capone's men are out there?" Michael asks as he opens his revolver to check his ammunition then fixes his black fedora away from his brown eyes.

"About two by the main entrance and it seems like the majority of them are inside. This should be easy." Darren responds as he gets back down and sat beside Michael. Michael closes his weapon and smirks.

"That's what I like to hear... Darren and Leon split up the men to take in separate teams. Marlon and I will sneak through the back. Danny, I would like for you to keep watch in case more men arrives." Michael says as the men agree and follow orders. "C'mon, Marlon.." Michael adds as he gets up and crept toward the back of the warehouse, Marlon follows behind him as crickets filled their ears as the only sound of the nighttime along with the crunching sound of the leaves underneath their shoes. "Get down over there.." Michael whispers as Marlon gets down quickly behind the bushes. Michael gets down beside Marlon and pokes his head up. Michael looks around to study the back entrance to find nobody there. He gets down and sighs. "Nobody... we're good for now until we hear the gunfire that is our signal to guard."

Marlon closes his eyes as he breathes in deeply and out heavily. He opens his eyes. "The more attacks, I participate in.. the more, I fear for my own life. I'm sorry.. I'm just a bit ... worried right now." Marlon whispers as he looks down at his small pistol. "I'm thankful for everything, for everything that our father fought for and created for us. I'm just wondering how life would have been for us if we weren't apart of this..." he adds.

Michael rolls his eyes before smacking his brother upside his head. "There is a reason for why we are continuing as a business and that is because Al Capone is threatening to take everything that our father fought for. I would rather have this life then come with nothing. Gary was already worse before we came into power for the city, we are just doing the city a favor." Michael replies with irritation.

"Killing innocent people is okay? Ruining lives is okay? Holding people hostage is okay? I could name so many fucked up things that our father did to hundreds of people. You are so fucked up in the head to think what we are doing is okay. You've changed completely, Michael. I don't know what they fucking did to you in London but you weren't like this when we were youn-" Marlon pauses as a branch snapped in half nearby. "What the fuck was that?" Marlon whispers as he held up his gun as Michael looks up to the back door. He saw nobody and lowered back down. Michael sighs heavily before a weapon drew up behind the brothers. Michael slowly turns around as Marlon fell to the ground unconscious.

The sound of gunfire interrupts the sound of the night and the screams of men on both sides join in.

Michael gulps before he turns around to see Oscar with his pistol raised.

* * *

Darren gets down quickly against a large wooden container that was filled with Marijuana. "Get the fuck down, Leon!" Darren demands as Leon does what he was told. "What the fuck! What the fuck! This wasn't supposed to fucking happen!" Darren adds as he raises his gun into the air and shot the enemies.

"How many are there?!" Leon says panicking as he shoots a man that tried to approach them.

"We need to get to Michael and Marlon! Don't worry about these mother fuckers! I'll take care of them, both of you get to MJ and Mar!" Danny says as he was on the opposite side against a pillar. Darren looks at Leon completely frighten before glancing over to large amounts of dead bodies from Michael's side. Leon slaps Darren as Darren held his cheek.

"Get a fucking hold of yourself. Don't worry about the deceased! C'mon!" Leon says as he begins to crawl toward a nearby window, Darren nods his head and follows behind while Leon picks up a rock and threw it at the window. Leon crawls over the window before three shots hit Danny. Darren glances over to Danny as he fell onto the ground.

"Holy fuck! Danny!" Darren yells as Leon grabs Darren's shirt and pulls him toward the window.

"I said c'mon!" Leon demands as Darren climbs over the window. They ran toward the back. "Michael! Marlon! Where are you?!" Leon yells as they both separated to look for Michael and Marlon on opposite sides of the area. The sound of gunfire continues inside.

"I can't fucking find them, man!" Darren cries out loud enough for Leon to hear him as he ran back to the center as Leon stumbles back. His ankle was wrapped with vines from the opposite side. "What are we gonna do? Katherine is going to kill us!" Darren adds as Leon manages to remove the vines from his ankle.

Leon glances over to the bushes that were in front of the backdoor and saw Michael's fedora resting on the ground. Leon stands back up and smacks Darren's arm as Darren was having a panic attack from the amount of stress and worry took over his body. Darren glances over to where Leon was pointing at.

Leon and Darren's eyes widened as they both slowly looked at one another. "Katherine is definitely gonna kill us..." Darren mutters as Leon picks up Michael's fedora.

"We need to get the fuck out of here while they're busy shooting in there. C'mon! The main road should be over there!" Leon says as he begins to run East. Darren quickly catches up to Leon.