35.

Katherine embraces Samantha as they both walk toward the sofa with their hands intertwined with one another. "Would like anything to drink or to snack on?" Katherine asks her with a smile as they both sat down, Katherine faces her long term childhood best friend.

"Water would be fine for me and the baby." Samantha replies as Katherine snaps her fingers. The butler, Harold from the nearby room enters and hands Samantha a glass of water then immediately leaves. Katherine smiles at Samantha.

"How has everything been for you and Danny?" Katherine asks as Samantha places the glass on the coffee table.

"Quite wonderful. As you may notice by this large belly, we're expecting our first child together and couldn't be anymore happier! We're extremely happy that we are able to extend our family after many years of trying." Samantha says cheerfully as Katherine looks down at the glass of water, the feeling of sadness looms over her face as Samantha leans in closer to her.

"I'm so sorry for your husband's loss, Katherine- I didn't mean to upset you with my news." Samantha says as Katherine shakes her.

"My husband's death doesn't upset me but the loss of Marlon's twin brother, Brandon will continue to break my heart. You will have the chance to see your child grow as I have seen my other grow but Brandon will always remain a baby in my memories when he was delivered. He died twenty-four hours later after being delivered. Those two boys came prematurely by several weeks but Marlon grew up to be a wonderful man. Sadly, he will never have the chance to meet his younger sibling when we lost Brandon, my heart will never be healed properly. He can never be replaced by any of my children." Katherine says as tears began to fall from her eyes. Samantha reaches her hand out and places it on top of Katherine's hand. "I don't ever wish to lose any more of my children, especially Michael. Losing him will break my soul before he became who he was. He was always a happy little boy and he was able to express that happiness by making people laugh, his ability to shake his little behind with music or to his ability to cheer anyone up if they were feeling under the weather. He was sure to make you smile. London did forever changed him... I woke up to find him gone like he was swept from underneath me. Joseph always told me that it was for his own good and reassured me that Michael was to be the next don because he was more worthy than the other children. We both agree to disagree but I never had a single word, in this man's world... Joseph was always right and I was always wrong. If I could change the world's stigma and fight for Michael's return, I would have, this Michael isn't my little Michael from before. I would have left everything and take every one of my children away from Joseph but knowing how powerful he was, that would have never happened. He would destroy us. We argued for weeks until I realize that arguing would do nothing to bring him back home and once he came home ten years later, he was never the same... that happy little boy died inside to a boy who couldn't feel anything and felt nothing but anger and resentment toward us. He became like his father and it was my fault that I let him down. He resents me and has shown little effort in reconstructing our relationship. I failed him as a mother and I will hold that against me for the rest of my life."

"He will realize that you are an amazing mother. You tried your hardest. Failing is okay, Katy. You've tried and in my books, your effort was enough." Samantha says as Katherine smiles through her tears. "Come here..." Samantha adds as they both hug on another. "None of this was ever your fault especially, Michael's childhood. Someday, he will forgive you and Joseph for the actions that you have made as parents. I know that he appreciates everything that you both have given to him. You both have built an empire here in the United States and Overseas. He has the entire world in the grasp of his fingers and he will make both of you proud." Samantha reassures her friend as Katherine slumps back on her sofa.

"I just wish things were better for my little Michael... and arranging him in this marriage brings out the worse in our relationship. What if they don't get along and get a divorce then we'll lose our territories with the Casacci family. It will ruin our entire family's business then his children will have nothing left." Katherine's anxiety began to overwhelm her as Samantha reaches around her to hug her as she tries her hardest to calm her friend down.

"Katherine, everything will be okay. Michael will be okay. Their marriage will be okay and your family will be okay. You are worrying over nothing because none of that will ever happen. I know Michael and he's a smart man. He will make the best decisions, you and I both know that he will now come on, let me buy you a drink at the fanciest restaurant that this city could offer to calm down your nerves." Samantha says as she stands back on her feet, she reaches her hand out to Katherine as Katherine accepts it gracefully and follows her friend out of her bedroom as they went to one of the fanciest restaurants that this city could offer them.

Michael opens his bedroom window and places a foot over it and sat in between the inside and outside. He pulls out a long, purple velvet jewelry box and opens it to look inside. He smiles to himself and closes it slowly before looking up at the night time sky as the star twinkles. He takes a deep breath and allowed it out. "Just a few more days..." he says while smiling.