14.

Michael felt his shoulder burning in pain as he storms off toward the main gate to see the local sheriff standing beside Michael's men as he took notes. "What do you want, Martin?" Michael's voice booms as he has gotten closer to the group of men surrounding Martin. Martin flips his small notebook close before placing his hands on his belt as he walks toward Michael. He kept his chin held up high as he grins.

"Hello, Michael... I just had a 911 dispatch call from your neighbors down the road. There was gunfire?" Martin says before he crosses his arms against his chest. "What is your excuse this time?" He adds while glaring.

"They ambushed us. Those fuckers were the first to open gunfire. We didn't do shit and I got fucking shot by the fucking midget." Michael answers in a snarl.

"Michael... you know that your family's business has always been a pain in the ass for the city Gary. by the way, what was the 'midget's' name?" Martin asks as he pulls his small notebook. Michael glares at him.

"I ain't-a snitch, Martin and you know that." Michael snaps back at him. Martin raises an eyebrow before closing his small notebook.

"Well okay then... I guess the midget will be just an imaginary man from your imagination " Martin says as he throws his hands in the air as he makes ghost sounds. Michael continues to glare at him. "What?" Martin chuckles.

"Don't you ever say that shit again or I'll shoot your ass." Michael replies.

"Is that a threat?" Martin says while squinting his eyes at him. "Because I'll be glad to throw your ass in jail and this city will finally be released from the Jackson's clutches.

"Definitely but remember who owns the police station... I can make your death disappear easily." Michael says as he snaps his fingers in Martin's face. "No charges. Nothing and by the way... tell Luke that there will be a hundred grand coming in the mail. He already knows what to do with it." Michael says with a grin. Martin held a long-held glare at Michael.

"I'm so glad that I can easily get under your skin, Martin." Michael coos into Martin's ear as he slowly walks around Martin while Martin stood in place. Michael stops before him.

For years, not only has the Jackson family been a part of the mafia in Gary, Indiana but they also own a majority of the local law enforcement in the city. They could easily pay off their witnesses and the local law to avoid trouble.

In the beginning, when it was just Joseph and Katherine. It was harder for them because Joseph was just a little guy with no power and Katherine was just a housewife until Joseph killed the old Don and took his crew.

Martin rolls his eyes. "Sure thing. I'll let him know. Y'know there is a place where you people belong and it's in jail."

Michael smiles before placing his hand on Martin's left shoulder. "Say that shit again and I'll definitely make sure that your body is in Lake Michigan with a metal ball and chain to your ankle with it so no one can hear your screams" he says while patting it before his eyes glaze over Martin's. Martin glares at him before the main gate opens as the family limo drove inside. Michael's face drops.

The doors open as two women who look nearly identical to Janet got out of the vehicle. "Baby brother!" One of the women responds before taking off her sunglasses. "It's so nice to see you all especially that hell of a man in that police uniform. I didn't know it was Halloween." She chuckles before throwing her suitcase at Danny. "Take care of my shit, boy." She snarls before walking toward Jermaine as his eyes widen. Jermaine began to run away as Rebbie started to chase him. Danny glares at Rebbie beforeLaToya hands over her suitcase to Danny as she walks toward Michael.

"Not fucking now.." Michael snarls as Martin pats Michael's back.

"Goodbye, Michael." Martin says as Michael looks over at him and makes a disgusted face.