17.

Marlon reaches his left hand over to Evanora's hand as his fingers brush against hers. She grabs his hand immediately and began to swing their bound hands as they walk on the sidewalk. "Y'know... I'm actually happy to be out of that Manor because I barely ever leave that place and now I have someone to leave with but for Michael, he can't ever leave without the exception of multiple bodyguards that are armed" Marlon says before they both look at one another and he smiles. "So thank you for giving me a chance ..." he adds before looking away.

Evanora smiles at the ground before she glances up. "No big deal. I'm just happy to be out of there. It's been a long couple of weeks and you guys are dealing with a lot of things right now hopefully right now at this moment, you can actually breathe without Michael being up your ass." She chuckles. Marlon stops walking for a bit and Evanora does the same as he stands in front of her. "What's wrong?"

"You don't really know much about my brother to really judge him and paint him as some sort of monster. I know that sometimes he can be a dick and an asshole in one but he's like you and I but with a whole lot of responsibilities weighing down on him. He's only twenty-seven years old and before he was being trained. He had a whole life ahead of him. He planned on moving away from the criminal world and plan out a career from his love of music. He loves music ... he has this incredible voice that will soothe you and make you forget about whatever is on your mind and sadly, I don't think he will ever accomplish that dream of his." Marlon says. "That is far away from our actual reality. We kill, we protect the people that we love and gain new territories from our enemies along with our side job of selling drugs and shipping them out worldwide."

"I never knew that..." Evanora replies softly.

"Because you never got to take the chance to know the real him. All you've got to see is his moody side or what he calls 'his second self that has a boundary from his true self' I'm sure the more you get to know him, you will understand where I'm coming from." He replies before stuffing his cold hands into his jacket pockets as a brief of cold air from Lake Michigan drifts by.

"You may be right and hopefully, I can get to know him better but I do have several questions for you since you do know your brother more than I do." She mentions as she pulls up the collar of her jacket to block the wind.

"Hit me with them. I'll try to answer most of them but remember I'm not him so I can't really answer most of them.." Marlon says as he crosses his arms against his chest to keep himself warm.

"Well... my first question is.. what made Michael act like how he is? What triggered it?"

"Like his personality now?" Marlon questions.

"Yes... I just want to know some details."

Marlon's eyebrows rise as he leans against the light post. "Good question but sadly... I wasn't really around Michael that much when we were children. Our father wrote to our mother to separate him from the rest of us when he was around eight to twelve years old to have a mentor train him overseas, I don't really remember it that much but before that, he was full of smiles and full of joy. He loved to pull pranks on everyone. He was just a kid full of life until he came back home from London... I think the kid of him died inside while he was away. I did ask him on what happened but that is still a mystery for me. He refuses to even speak about it."

"Okay, next question... How did the Jackson mafia become a reality for your family and when did Michael's buddies came around?" She asks.

"Well, my father used to work for another family who was once in charge of the city of Gary. My parents were in poverty before the 'Great Depression' which hit the United States heavily. This occurred before we were all born. My father had dreams for our family but it all came crashing down on him after Rebbie was born. Work wasn't really reliable as he was bouncing around with jobs and with minimum wage, you can't really get around much so he relied on the crime world. Around 1925, he murdered the Don and the whole family which he did go to prison for five years and was released in 1930 but before all that he got in charge of this mafia before he went to prison and threatened to kill those who oppose him but my mom held up the family the most. She used her businesswoman tactics to keep our business together as he was in prison and well.. the rest is history. We are the biggest crime family in the whole country and we are expanding. London is our second home besides Gary." Marlon explains. "Our family is still a family after all... after we lost our father, we all just grew closer to together. I'm sure that you have noticed that. Leon, Darren and Eric all grew up with Michael and their families are also in our inner circle but they are just business owners who owns companies overseas. Our parents actually helped them get a start out in the business realm with fifteen hundred grand each. Our family puts our friends and family first. That's what makes us all a huge family."

"That was interesting... okay now for my next question... have you ever lost someone that you loved because of the crime world?" Evanora questions as Marlon's body froze and stiffens. He looks down immediately as sadness looms over his face.

"I... I did. Her name was Cassandra. We both attended the same school together and we 'dated' when we were in high school. At this point, Michael already came back from overseas. I was going home one day from school to see a body in a nearby alley so I wanted to take a look before calling the police. She was murdered with a gunshot wound inflicted on her forehead. Michael came around the corner soon afterwards because he was worried about me and was waiting for me so we can study with each other since he was behind on his studies. He took immediate action to get rid of the body as soon as possible. Her body was near our manor and if the police would've found it, the blame would automatically loom over us so Michael managed to convince Darren and Eric to help us and we dumped her body into the Grand Calumet River. Her body was found soon afterward..." Marlon's voice cracks immediately as tears began to flow out of his eyes. "I'm sorry... can we stop?" He asks. Evanora nods her head as she places her arms around him and hugs him as he wept into her shoulder. She closes her eyes as they both felt the warmth of their bodies.

"Am I interrupting something?" A voice from behind calls out. Evanora lets go of Marlon as she turns to see Michael standing there with Darren to the side of him. Evanora steps back as Marlon steps in front of her. Michael smirks.