11.

As the boys enter Michael's furnished office, Michael sat on the large office chair that was in front of a large window with curtains draped close. Michael places his fork on the plate as Jon takes his plate and wipes the table with a cloth before leaving the room.

Darren, Leon, and Eric came inside the office shortly afterward. Eric closes the door behind him as they all stood in front of Michael. "So, Michael... what are we up against right now other than Al Capone?" Eric asks as he leans against the dusty shelves that were filled with Joseph's favorite books that he kept over the years before his tragic death.

Michael takes the folded note from the inside of his jacket and threw it lightly on the table before leaning back as he looks at his brothers and three best friends. He felt numb. Hopeless. Michael's eyes met Jermaine and he nodded his head slowly to suggest that Jermaine read the note for the others to hear. Jermaine walks toward the desk to pick up the note and opens it.

"My dearest boy, Michael... The Colombo family has suggested that we push back our arrival to Gary for another month till then.. take care of your siblings as LaToya and Rebbie will be on the flight back. -Mother" Jermaine says before placing the note back on the desk.

"Mother won't be coming back? But why? This doesn't make sense." Randy says as he folds his arms against his chest.

"My only worry is seeing LaToya again..." Michael mutters underneath his breath. "She was seeing a man before she left for London and he asked me for her hand in marriage which I declined. He got angry with me and I threaten him after I found out that he allegedly has taken away her virginity and could be possibly carrying her first child... you know how mother will be when she finds out so I told him to leave and if he ever comes back..." Michael pauses as he looks at them all.

"You'll kill him?" Marlon asks which Michael nods as a response.

"Yes. She'll be furious with me. I can already sense it." Michael says before he sighs. "We can't have any family drama at this point in our lives. We've already lost Joseph. I can deal with La Toya just not mother. If this was the dark ages, she'll have my head on a pike for interfering with her role."

"Michael, what if the man turns his back on us? What will we do?" Tito asks as Michael's eyes darts toward his direction. Tito's eyes were filled with worry as he has his own children to care for after his wife's tragic passing due to Al Capone managing on finding her and shooting her before Tito's very own eyes. He has never recovered from that moment.

"We will fight." Michael responds. "I won't ever allow a man to threaten my family and friends. You are all that I have right now. Losing you all... I can't imagine the pain."

"Michael, as your older brother. We can't continue to fight. We have our own families to take care of. We have children and wives. You need to understand that." Jermaine acknowledges as he steps forward.

Michael looks over to Jermaine. "And we have a family business to run which your own children will have to take a part in. They don't have a choice and neither do you. Either you are in or you are out and if you are out, I want you to pack up your shit and leave." Michael says coldly. Jermaine steps back defeated with a sadden expression. Jermaine's children meant the whole world to him along with his wife. They need protection otherwise, they might die out there without them.

They had no choice but to fight, stepping out of the business would mean no other source of income as well. They cannot risk it.

"Any news from the spies about Al Capone or his whereabouts? The man can't hide forever." Leon asks as he sat down.

"None. We have only tracked the shipments from the Indiana Harbor Canal. Nothing major yet." Michael responds. Leon shakes his head.

"Damn..." Leon says as he sits back. "That son of a bitch is sneaky. The day we get him will be spectacular."

"If I receive any more news from Mother about the delay. I will call for another meeting. Right now, our only focus is protecting our main warehouse and the house along with keeping an eye on Ms. Evanora Sanito. She's our enemy. Remember that, boys." Michael says as he stands up. "Meeting is over. Goodnight." He adds as Darren opens the door for everyone as Michael's siblings left the room. Darren closes the door.

Darren walks toward Michael as Michael sat back in his chair and had his head lower on the table. "What are you thinking about?" Darren asks as he sat down beside Eric.

"On whether or not, we'll make it this time as a family." Michael says. "We've lost Joseph. He was the leader. He always knew what to do but, I? It feels like I'm only tearing our family apart by the decisions that I am making and I'm fearing what if they try to remove me as the don for risking their lives by the decisions that I am making for them. I just threatened to remove their protection and income. They could do that to me, Eric."

Eric places a hand on Michael's shoulder with a stern face. "But they won't. They know that you wouldn't do that to them and I know that you would never abandon any of your family members no matter how bad the situation may be because you love them and they love you including us.." Eric says as he looks over at Leon and Darren. "We are apart of your family. We knew you since we were all children. We are all apart of this business by birth and we will all protect one another until the day we die. On my end, I'm proud of the man that you are becoming. You may be cold, an ass, sometimes a jackass but I truly am proud of you. You are taking this role quite seriously than I expected you. I thought you would run for the hills since you've always been terrified of becoming the Don."

Michael smiles before it fades away as he looks down at the ground. "At the end of the day, I just want to make Joseph proud. He's the one that I've always been afraid of letting down. I've been trained for this since I was twelve. I was abused day and night in London by his employees. I just want to make him proud."

"You are making him proud and you will make him prouder once you kick Al Capone's ass. I know you, Mike. Once you are focused on an objective, you will accomplish it and we'll be rooting you from the sidelines. Now let's go find that son of a bitch and kick his ass!" Leon says as he smacks Michael's back. Michael immediately glares at him. Leon makes a face. "Sorry anyways, I'm beat and we have gun training tomorrow morning. See you, bitches, in the morning!" Leon adds as he waves at everyone before leaving the room, quickly before Michael could get him back.

"I'm heading off to bed as well. Goodnight." Darren says with a smile before walking away from the fireplace and walks out of the room. Eric soon follows leaving Michael alone.

Michael glances over at the vodka bottles at the other side of the room and gets up from the sofa. "I need a fucking drink..." he grumbles. He grabs the bottle and opens it as he quickly drinks out of the bottle as he walks back over to the sofa as he drowns himself in vodka.

The hangover will be worth it.