15.

Later that same night...

Marlon slowly crept up to Janet and now Evanora's bedroom door as he held on to a bouquet of red roses. He sighs heavily before raising up his fist but pauses. He scratches his head and steps away. "You got this, Mar." He whispers softly underneath his breath before he raises his fist to knock on the door with his knuckles. He steps away and studies his shoes and the door opens quickly as Janet stood there with her arms crossed against her chest, Marlon looks up surprise because Janet was least of expectations. "What are you doing here?" She asks annoyed at the fact that her brother is ruining the vocal lessons that she does every night before singing a few gospel songs before she goes to bed.

"Is Evanora in there?" He asks as he tries to look over Janet's shoulder but Janet moves to block his view.

"No. She hasn't come back yet. Why? What do you want with her?" Janet demands as she glares at him.

"Well... because we were supposed-"

Evanora's voice calls out from inside of the room and Janet rolls her eyes. "Janet, the water turned cold!".

Marlon glares at Janet as Janet scoffs before she yells back at Evanora. "Sorry about that, Evie!".

"Seriously, Janet? What was the point in lying?" Marlon questions before stepping into the girls' bedroom, Janet follows behind him, as he sat on Janet's bed.

"Because I have things to do and you are interrupting it. Get off my bed, boy" Janet scolds as she tries to grab his shirt, Marlon swats at Janet's hand as Evanora steps out. Her knee-length dress was white with a belt around her waist as her sleeves with a black and white pattern.

Evanora's black hair was swept to the side with a diamond hair clip on the side. Evanora smiles as the red matte lipstick stains her lips. Her hands wore a white matching pair of gloves while she held on to a black clutch. Marlon stands up quickly from Janet's bed, pushing Janet to the side as he held out the roses to her.

"Hi, Marlon." She says. Marlon's eyes widen as he lost the sense of speech before coughing.

"This is for you!" He exclaims. Evanora smiles as she takes the red roses from Marlon.

"Thank you." She replies before she hands it to Janet. Janet rolls her eyes, snatches the roses and places them in a nearby jar. "Don't forget to put water in the jar, Janet." Evanora says as Janet rolls her eyes, again.

"Okay, I won't just get the hell out of here so I can finish what I had started." Janet snaps back, annoyed at the fact that they will not leave their bedroom yet.

Marlon admires Evanora as his eyes welled up with joy and remain silent. Evanora continues to stare at Marlon with a genuine smile. Marlon walks over to the door as he stands there, taking Evanora's hand.

"You look beautiful, Evanora..." a voice calls out from behind Marlon. Marlon turns around as Michael stood there. Evanora, surprise, smiles at Michael.

"How long were you standing there?" Marlon grumbles and glares at his brother. "This isn't a show for you to watch, brother." Marlon adds. Michael looks over to his brother and rolls his eyes.

"You stood there drooling over the sight of her ankles and didn't even compliment her. I did you a favor." Michael says before glancing over to Evanora. He looks up and down at her before smirking. "If you weren't going on a date with my brother, I would fuck you right here and right now but, you are his property. I have someone coming here in a few moments at my request so... I should get going now." Michael says through his smirk as he turns around on his heels as he began to walk away.

Marlon's arms stood at the side of his body and his fists clamp shut in anger. Janet laughs. "At least, Michael can actually compliment a girl without staring at her like a piece of meat."

Marlon's eyes immediately darts toward Janet's direction and he flips her off. Janet rolls her eyes before Evanora walks toward Marlon and wraps her arm around his.

"C'mon... we should get going." She says softly as they walk out of the door and toward the front gate. Marlon's 1942 Harvey Davison XA motorcycle that was park on the street. Marlon grabs the extra helmet and hands it to Evanora hands, Marlon, her clutch and pair of gloves as she puts on the helmet. "Like this?" She giggles. Marlon chuckles No as he places the clutch and gloves on the seat to correct her mistake.

Evanora stares into Marlon's eyes after he finishes. Marlon makes eye contact but quickly looks away as he grabs her belongings to place it in the trunk. "Have you ever rode on one of these bad boys?" He asks as Evanora shakes her head.

"No... my family doesn't have the sort of money to afford this kind of luxury." She replies as Marlon sat down and scoots upward.

"Well... there's a first for everything. Jump on." Marlon says with a smile. Evanora grins before she climbs on before adjusting her skirt to make her feel more covered from the gust of wind. "Hold onto me and if you want, place your head on my back to feel more secure." Marlon adds as Evanora wraps her arms around Marlon's torso and places the side of her head against Marlon's back. "Are you ready?" Marlon ask Evanora.

"Ready as I'll ever be..." Evanora answers Marlon's question. Evanora felt her heart flutter with excitement over this brand new experience. She closes her eyes as she held onto Marlon, tighter, Marlon felt the sensation of butterflies as he smiles. He shoves the key into the ignition as it roars to He kept a foot up and finally pushes off the curb and they drove directly to the cinema that was downtown on 11th avenue.