9.

Evanora breathes heavily as she kept her eyes down low. She swallows hard as she watches the black penny loafers walk around the desk toward her and stops beside her. She spots a large hand reaching toward her dress and grabs a hold of her, lifting her up from her chair. She closes her eyes and kept her head down low as she tries to block out every noise in the room. She could feel her feet being dragged across the room and quickly, she was floating above the ground, her back pinned against the wall. She opens her eyes and sees Michael's dark brown eyes glaring directly at her.

"I've asked you a fucking question. Do not test my patience, woman. Why the fuck did you go into my warehouse while you were being run down by Capone's men? You could've ruined my fucking business! Those drugs were hard to smuggle in from Mexico and Canada, I hope you fucking know that!" Michael's voice shouted as Evanora stop blocking out the noise.

"Please... please don't kill me. I'm sorry." She begs as her voice cracks. She could feel the dryness in her throat. Michael laughs before slamming her back into the wall, harder.

"If I wanted to fucking kill you, believe me. I would have killed you, the moment you stepped foot into my property now, answer my question!" Evanora looks up to see the man from earlier, smirking as he watches everything unfold. Michael came back into her view. His eyes widened as he stares directly into her eyes with anger and vengeance.

If eyes could kill, Evanora would have been dead the very moment she stared back into his eyes. She swallows hard once more as she looks away from his glare.

"I went into your warehouse to avoid being killed. They would have killed me! Please have mercy." Evanora begs before the door opens and shuts. Michael looks back to see his brother, Marlon standing there. Marlon walks toward his brother and places his hand on Michael's left shoulder.

"If you'll excuse me, brother. I would like to bring a few pointers for you. Killing her wouldn't make us any better than Al Capone. She's just a girl who was caught up into Capone's business. She's innocent. Just please let her go. She could join our crew and become one of us." Marlon states before Michael throws his brother's hand off of his shoulder.

"If she joined my crew, what value would she bring our crew? She's just a fucking woman, a woman who is getting on my nerves because she won't answer my question."

"I did answer your question." Evanora snaps back. Michael turns around slowly to face her. He held one of the dirtiest looks.

"Did you just talked back to me?" Michael says lowly. Evanora looks away as she bites her lower lip. Michael raises his fist and punched the wall over her shoulder. Michael got into her face. His breath smelt like hot tamales. "One more time... one more time, you talk back to me. I'll make sure your body under Lake Michigan. Your screams would be muffled under duct tape as your wrists and ankles are bound together with rope. One more time. Your life will come to an end." Michael adds as he stares into her eyes before stepping away. Marlon kept his hands behind his back as he looked away from Evanora and Michael's exchange. Michael faces Marlon immediately.

"If I allow her to stay, I trust that you will keep this woman under control. Whatever she does will go back to bite you in the fucking ass for opening your mouth when your opinion wasn't necessary. Am I understood?" Michael demands as Marlon nods his head. "Good. Get this woman out of my sight. Her presence is giving me a fucking headache and it's not even noon yet."

Marlon held out his hand to Evanora as Michael steps away and walks toward his desk. "Follow me." Marlon says lowly. Evanora nods her head as she follows her rescuer out of the office. The doors slammed shut behind them both, Marlon sighs heavily before he glances over at Evanora. "I don't know what you've done to make my brother so pissed off and I really don't want to know because it must be pretty bad for him to treat you that way. He's normally respectful and kind to women. This was even shocking for myself."

"Will I have to deal with him, again?" Evanora stammers. Marlon raises his left eyebrow.

"You might. I'm sure he still has questions about our father's death. You were there, right? When my dad was murdered?" Marlon asks her. Evanora looks away, immediately. "I'm taking that as a yes." Marlon's face drops as he rubs his forearm while he sighs deeply. "Look, just if you do have to face my brother again. Please just be honest with him. He doesn't trust you enough as it is. Your truth will bring us some closure, remember that." Marlon adds as Evanora slowly nods her head. Marlon smiles at her and places his hand on her shoulder as he steps closer to her. "You don't have to be afraid of me. You can always trust me. I'm your friend, not your enemy."

Evanora glances up at Marlon. She felt a large amount of relief slipping past her as she looks into Marlon's brown eyes. "Thank you.." she responds softly before placing a chunk of her hair behind her ear while smiling. Marlon nods his head before turning around. Evanora grabs a hold of his wrist. Marlon looks over his shoulder and looks at her.

"Will I be seeing you again?" Evanora asked. Marlon chuckles and smiles.

"I live here so of course, you'll be seeing me around. Just yell out for me throughout the hallways and I'll be there." Marlon replies. Evanora giggles.

"Okay. Good." She adds before Marlon takes her hand and kisses the top part of her hand.

"Dinner will be served downstairs. I'll be heading off to bed right now since I have already eaten. Goodnight." Marlon says before he steps away, letting go of her hand.

"Goodnight." Evanora says with a smile. Marlon waves at her before walking down the corridor.

The doors open immediately and Danny steps out. "There you are. The boss says that I have to bring you dinner to your bedroom since you will not be attending the family dinner ." Danny acknowledges. Evanora nods her head as the door began to close behind him. Between the cracks of the door closing, she spots Michael standing against his desk with his arms cross. He was glancing down at a heart shape locket before he looks up at Evanora with a glare. Evanora gulps as the doors shut.

Danny held onto Evanora's arm and pulled her in the directions that he wanted her to go. They made it to her bedroom door where Janet stood waiting. Janet looks over to Danny and smile slightly. "Hello Danny.." she coos. Danny rolls his eyes and he let go of Evanora to begin he keys which Janet immediately held up and dangle them before Danny. "Looking for these?" She adds. Danny immediately tries to grab it before Janet dangles it away. "Gotta be faster than that."

Danny gotten closer to Janet. Janet pulls out a syringe and sticks it to his shoulder and pulls up the top part of the syringe. Danny immediately fell to the ground, asleep. "Night night." Janet smiles as she walks over Danny's body toward Evanora. "We have dinner to catch. Let's go." Janet adds with a huge grin and reaches out her hand to Evanora. Evanora takes her hand gracefully. They began to walk down the stairs toward the grand dining room.