46 • The Culprit

JD got them in the museum in time due to John hacking the street lights again, and Jeremy decided to keep his car technology to himself next time and not let assassins get ahold of it.

They entered the building, but a police guard stepped in front of them and said, "You need a museum pass, and clearly, you don't have one."

JD held up the badge. "MBN Security."

The guard examined the badge for a bit, then let them inside. They quickly ran to where the signal came from, and that is the basement.

They entered it, and the first thing they saw were a high-tech 23rd century computer and wires.

"Holy shit..." Thomas whistled.

"Yeah, I know." John replied. He went up to the computer and found a laptop connected to it.

"How.. why did Thomas say holy shit?" JD asked any one of his friends.

"I dunno." Con shrugged.

They examined everything else, Thomas, John, and Jeremy working up on the technology.

"What is this...?" Jeremy saw particles on the computer screen.

"So this.. this is how the hacker biohacked!" Thomas exclaimed. He looked over at another table, and everyone followed his gaze.

There were different gases, tubes, wires, and acids of all sorts connected into each other, all of which leading to the laptop on the desk, and then to the computer.

Jeremy checked the computer. He opened the files and read every name listed down for the biohacker's target.

"So Cathy, Neura, Edward... Evan? Where have I heard this before?"

Connor immediately went beside him to check the target's face. It was him. Evan Hansen.

"Shit, not Evan!" He rushed out the holed ceiling and made a run to his future boyfriend's house.

• C O N N O R •

I bust down the door of Evan's house and went straight to the livingroom.

My expectations were right. He was in the couch, sweating, gasping, and shaking.

His mom's at work, so she can't help him. Then again, only the antidote can restore his body, even if she performed surgery.

I walked beside him and tried to hold back the tears. The thought of death was the first thing in my mind when I saw his dull eyes.

"Evan..." I whispered. I knelt beside him and held his hand. "Hey... talk to me. Show me a sign, please..."

Evan shifted a bit and looked to my side. He smiled when he felt the warmth being transferred into him. "H-hey, Con..." He said in a hoarse voice.

"Evan! Just hang on, okay? The others are going to find the antidote and reverse the virus, alright? Just hang on for me a little longer."

"I want to die..."

That took the me aback. I knew he had depression, but wanting to die because he had no choice? It hurt me. It felt like part of me was drifting away, and if it did, I would never be the same again.

"No! You do not die on me! Please..." I hugged him and let the tears fall.

"D-don't.. cry..." Evan hugged me back weakly and stroked my hair soothingly. That calmed me down, but still had me shaken up.

"I'll stay with you. I'll stay by your side. I won't ever let go of you again."

"C-Connor.. you don't h-have to..."