lxiii. arguments and enemies left in a trail of bubbles

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐈𝐗𝐓𝐘-𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄'𝖺𝗋𝗀𝗎𝗆𝖾𝗇𝗍𝗌 𝖺𝗇𝖽 𝖾𝗇𝖾𝗆𝗂𝖾𝗌 𝗅𝖾𝖿𝗍 𝗂𝗇 𝖺 𝗍𝗋𝖺𝗂𝗅 𝗈𝖿 𝖻𝗎𝖻𝖻𝗅𝖾𝗌'

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐈𝐗𝐓𝐘-𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄
'𝖺𝗋𝗀𝗎𝗆𝖾𝗇𝗍𝗌 𝖺𝗇𝖽 𝖾𝗇𝖾𝗆𝗂𝖾𝗌 𝗅𝖾𝖿𝗍 𝗂𝗇 𝖺 𝗍𝗋𝖺𝗂𝗅 𝗈𝖿 𝖻𝗎𝖻𝖻𝗅𝖾𝗌'

✶ ✶ ✶

𝐁𝐔𝐌𝐋𝐄𝐁𝐄𝐄 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐄𝐂𝐋𝐈𝐏𝐒𝐄, 𝐀𝐒 well as the Lambo they recognized as Hot Rod, stood outside the window of the room the humans were inside as they listened to their conversation.

"My name is Edmond Burton, 12th Earl of Folgan. Last surviving member of the Order of the Witwiccans."

Eclipse leaned against the building with her arms crossed as Hot Rod leaned into the window to talk to them.

The British woman, the one who had rolled down the hill, spoke first and about the mech's helm in the window, "Does he have to loom like that?"

Hot Rod mumbled a bit of French to voice his irritation before giving her his name saying his name with his thick accent.

"Ut-what?" She asks and he repeated, but she still didn't get it, "Ut rut?"

"Hot Rod." Edmond clarified, "It's his French accent."

"Is he French?"

"No, he just likes the accent."

Hot Rod springs back from the window, roughly smacking Bee in the chassis, "No, no, no! I hate the accent! But I can't get rid of it. I'm stuck with the accent. Ugh."

"He's a solder, Miss Viviane. He swore an oath to your father to protect you."

"Some father you got there. I mean, nice ride. You could pull up to Buckingham Palace in that thing." Cade chuckled at his own joke.

Viviane didn't find it so funny as she snapped at him, "Okay, you, American man, shut it." She looks toward Edmond, "What am I doing here?"

"Yeah, what is she doing here?" Cade snapped back passively.

"Introductions, Miss Viviane Wembly. Master of History, Oxford. Doctor of Philosphy, also Oxford. And Doctor of Letters, again Oxford, I think. Anything else?"

"No? Anyway, meet Cade."

Cade added on, trying to seem impressive himself after Edmond didn't continue, "Yeager. Cade Yeager. I am an inventor." She inwardly faceplate-planted, wondering why he chose that title above all things. He could've lied to live up to her titles, but... no. Honesty is the best policy, she supposed.

Eclipse stopped listening at that point, staring off at nothing in particular. Her processors wandered for primus knows how long. She was entirely unaware of the faceplate inching towards her, too lost in her thoughts.

When she heard whirr-like-chuckles is when she snapped out of it, drawing her attention to the scout's faceplate inches in front of her.

Eclipse arched a questioning optic-ridge at him. When he got there, she didn't really know.