xli. house of cards

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘-𝐎𝐍𝐄'𝗁𝗈𝗎𝗌𝖾 𝗈𝖿 𝖼𝖺𝗋𝖽𝗌'

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘-𝐎𝐍𝐄
'𝗁𝗈𝗎𝗌𝖾 𝗈𝖿 𝖼𝖺𝗋𝖽𝗌'

✶ ✶ ✶

𝐌𝐎𝐑𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆𝐒 𝐖𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐄 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐒𝐋𝐄𝐏𝐓 through the entire night somehow were the hardest mornings to wake up from despite how refreshed you should feel.

Eclipse slowly came out of recharge by stirring herself awake.

Her gears clicked as she stretched her arms above her helm, legs doing the same. Her optics were yet to open, still lost in the abyss of some of the most peaceful recharge she's had in a while due to the comfort of her bitty.

With the absence of Bumblebee, she was able to stretch herself over the length of the berth, lying flat on her chassis. She and the berth in the morning—

The femme's optics snapped open.

They scanned for the bitty that was supposed to be on the berth with her but found nothing but the indent of where she previously was. It was almost like one of those human cartoons where the traced outline of a missing person appeared out of thin air.

Eclipse no longer felt relaxed, but her spark leaped with her body out of the berth.

She scrambled around the room, searching the crib, under the bed, and through storage cabinets because who knows?

In the end, nothing had come up.

She slammed open her berthroom door and raced down the hallway, searching for the bitty who had disappeared. Under different circumstances, she wouldn't have been so quick to assume the worst; however, three bots who haven't seen the real world in eons were there, one was awake and unsure of everything, Bumblebee was gone, and Nova knew that in the mornings she wasn't to leave the berthroom. She at least woke them up regardless of how early it was. It wasn't like her to just leave if one of her creators was right there.

Just her luck, nearly forgetting about the bond, Bumblebee reached out because of her sudden race of panic.

Everything okay?

She almost didn't want to answer, not wanting to worry him when it would take him hours before he could even get back to the base.

I just...

Then again, she wouldn't want to be left in the dark if her femmeling had gone missing.

I—

Eclipse threw open yet another door around the Autobot designated area on the base, and much to her relief, there she was sat up on a chair much too tall for herself by his worktable.

Ironhide sat beside her, using one arm on some project on his table, his other slacked next to him to sit on the lap of the blue femmeling who was using tools to "fix" his arm, babbling nonsense to herself.