xxviii. two lonely bots, one past and one present

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓'𝗍𝗐𝗈 𝗅𝗈𝗇𝖾𝗅𝗒 𝖻𝗈𝗍𝗌, 𝗈𝗇𝖾 𝗉𝖺𝗌𝗍 𝖺𝗇𝖽 𝗈𝗇𝖾 𝗉𝗋𝖾𝗌𝖾𝗇𝗍'

'𝗍𝗐𝗈 𝗅𝗈𝗇𝖾𝗅𝗒 𝖻𝗈𝗍𝗌, 𝗈𝗇𝖾 𝗉𝖺𝗌𝗍 𝖺𝗇𝖽 𝗈𝗇𝖾 𝗉𝗋𝖾𝗌𝖾𝗇𝗍'

✶ ✶ ✶

𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐄 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐒𝐎𝐌𝐄𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐈𝐍𝐄𝐗𝐏𝐑𝐄𝐒𝐒𝐈𝐁𝐋𝐘 beautiful about Earth when the sun rose from the pits of darkness with soft rays of light. She only knew the star-filled sky of Cybertron before it all, not the painted ones that were an epiphany. 

Eclipse sat upon the structure the Autobots had used as a refuge for the past few hours, the steel not as cold against herself as one might've thought.

She stared at the orange-tinged sky, slowly dripping with the color of baby blue as the sun arose over the horizon. Her body remained there for a while, losing track of the time a long time ago as she drowned in her sorrowful silence.

Sunrises were supposed to be the world's way of saying "good morning", the start of a new day. Her new days had always stayed the same, like a broken record player repeating the same tune. To most this might be daunting, to live their mornings on an endless loop, but she found herself feeling encompassed in nothing short of splendor. Each morning began with him, blue optics boring back into her own lovingly. It didn't matter what the day held or what problems may occur because they were awake with one another while everyone else was still asleep.

This sunrise was different, and she could do nothing but stare in despair at the sky painted with oranges and pinks, the soft rays of light peeking through the clouds.

Eclipse felt like she was stuck in time, not knowing what to do with herself with him gone. He wasn't offlined, of course, but the distance and worry felt almost as painful.

Not a word had been spoken to her fellow comrades, avoiding the leader altogether. His "heroic" words about how they needed to find the Allspark, putting words in her bondmate's intake about how it's what he would've wanted. The denial in her spark was strong, inwardly knowing he would put the Allspark's survival over himself easily. It was one of her few frustrations with him.

Optimus continued to work with the glasses, trying to obtain the hidden coordinates embedded in the glass, fully aware of the femme very unhappy with him.

She reached out via commlink, one of her numerous attempts so far, and the result was no different than the others. He was too far to answer, but she kept trying anyway. The chance he might answer, though slim, kept her busy in the fact she could do nothing but wait.

Hours had passed before she felt someone sit down beside her, letting the silence linger for a little while longer. That someone was the only one who was on her side to go back for Bumblebee.

"He'll be okay." The assuring but glum voice of Jazz filled her audio-receptors, "We will go after him soon. When we have the coordinates."

No one else had been able to bring themselves to bother her, knowing nothing they could say would make her any less upset. The only way to do that is to tell her where the scout was, or better yet, have him standing there in front of her right then, but that wasn't going to happen.