xii. they can wait a little longer

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐋𝐕𝐄 '𝗍𝗁𝖾𝗒 𝖼𝖺𝗇 𝗐𝖺𝗂𝗍 𝖺 𝗅𝗂𝗍𝗍𝗅𝖾 𝗅𝗈𝗇𝗀𝖾𝗋'

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐋𝐕𝐄
'𝗍𝗁𝖾𝗒 𝖼𝖺𝗇 𝗐𝖺𝗂𝗍 𝖺 𝗅𝗂𝗍𝗍𝗅𝖾 𝗅𝗈𝗇𝗀𝖾𝗋'

✶ ✶ ✶

𝐁𝐔𝐌𝐁𝐋𝐄𝐁𝐄𝐄 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐄𝐂𝐋𝐈𝐏𝐄 𝐖𝐄𝐑𝐄 both online early the next cycle since he insisted they had to leave as soon as possible. At least not before saying their goodbyes to Jazz and Cliffjumper, who demanded to see them as soon as their schedules allowed it. She smiled and agreed though inwardly knowing that it would be almost impossible for her.

Just as Bumblebee predicted, Iacon wasn't as far as she secretly hoped it would be. They drove most of the way since there was now a clear path to do so, making the end of their journey come a little faster.

Both of their helms were pounding from last dark-cycle's events, the after effects of having way too much to drink or even one engex finally kicking in. They were a bit miserable at that point.

If anything, it provided a distraction so they didn't have to talk about what happened that dark cycle between them—at least what they remembered of it.

The scout didn't have as much so his memory wasn't as fuzzy as her own.

Still, it was like they both mentally agreed to not bring it up and figure out what the other remembered or didn't.

Her optics settled on the golden, seemingly translucent dome around her beloved city. A rush of familiarity hit her all at once as she stepped up to the front gates for inspection.

She optics appeared vacant throughout the entire security check, going through without a glyph. She didn't know how to pin how she was feeling, or how to make the ache in her chassis stop. 

Instead, she thought about everything that happened before this moment. Recharging under the stars and crystal trees with Bumblebee, dancing on tabletops with him in Wrecker's bars, taking down an entire building by complete accident, the river incident, going out to party with him and his friends who she could now call her own too.

She stopped in front of the entrance, her pedes in the center of an imaginary line between the outside and inside.

Why was she so torn about this? This was her home for primus's sake. She loved the bots there, many of which who were probably waiting for her.

She stared at her pedes then back up at the Iaconians going about their cycle inside. She loved them too. She'd do anything to protect the city, but why was she so upset about going back? She did love them, right?

That voice, though... It was in the back of her helm screaming that if she took another step, she would never get to have an adventure like that again.

She'd never leave.

Why should she want to? Iacon was her home. Her family was there. Her entire life was there. Everything that they had been preparing her for since she could walk was all there. What did she have out there?