xlvi. snowflake kisses and wishes

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘-𝐒𝐈𝐗'𝗌𝗇𝗈𝗐𝖿𝗅𝖺𝗄𝖾 𝗄𝗂𝗌𝗌𝖾𝗌 𝖺𝗇𝖽 𝗐𝗂𝗌𝗁𝖾𝗌'

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘-𝐒𝐈𝐗
'𝗌𝗇𝗈𝗐𝖿𝗅𝖺𝗄𝖾 𝗄𝗂𝗌𝗌𝖾𝗌 𝖺𝗇𝖽 𝗐𝗂𝗌𝗁𝖾𝗌'

✶ ✶ ✶

𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐄𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐍 𝐓𝐄𝐗𝐀𝐒, 𝐓𝐇𝐄 valleys of fields and crops were covered in a blanket of chilly white as the winter season reached some of its coldest temperatures.

Her green eyes bored through the window to the frosty spikes hanging off the window-still like glassy fingers. A white frost kissed the glass of the window that shielded them from the bitter cold outside.

Instead of that pine scent outside, they were met with the sweet and rich aroma of hot chocolate as the red-headed woman gave the mugs one last stir for good measure.

"Tessa!" She called through the house, knowing full well that Cade's daughter was cooped up in her room on the second floor, "Come on down!"

In the meantime, she looked over to the sparkling sitting in the family room, toys of all kinds that previously belonged to Tessa sprawled out across the surface of the carpet. "Nova, come get some hot chocolate, sweetie."

From over the top of the counter, the blonde, wavy locks of the femme could be seen scampering over, quick to abandon her toys at the sound of human sweets. Eclipse chuckled, moving around the island before helping her up onto the barstool.

The tiny, red mug was gently set in front of her, heterochromia eyes of green and blue sparkling in excitement as the brown liquid sloshed slightly inside.

"How many marshmallows?" Eclipse asked as she opened the plastic bag that left a sticky residue on her fingers.

Nova wiped the mess of blonde locks out of her face as she answered, "Twenty!"

Her carrier gave her a certain look, "How about five?"

"Ten?" Nova attempted.

She leaned both elbows on the counter as her daughter tried to bargain for more sweets, "Seven, final offer."

She frowned but accepted the offer, knowing that if she continued the number would turn to zero, "Okay, seven."

Eclipse chuckled as she put the marshmallows in the drink, Nova counting each one allowed as it plopped into the liquid to be sure she got the correct number.

The sound of stomping soon came from around the corner, followed by mechanical barking.

The other blonde of the household trailed into the room, Eclipse's attention going straight to her as she kicked the robot guard-dog out of her way, "I really hate that thing."

"Don't kick Pongo!" Nova frowned as she brought her mug down, her top lip covered in chocolate.

The femmeling had watched 101 Dalmations over and over and insisted on naming the guard dog after the main dog in it. Cade had no complaints and happily let the robotic dog have a name.