ii. almost-perfect

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐎 '𝖺𝗅𝗆𝗈𝗌𝗍-𝗉𝖾𝗋𝖿𝖾𝖼𝗍'

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐎
'𝖺𝗅𝗆𝗈𝗌𝗍-𝗉𝖾𝗋𝖿𝖾𝖼𝗍'

✶ ✶ ✶

𝐈 𝐂𝐀𝐍 𝐃𝐎 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐒

I've rehearsed these lines a thousand times.

I can do this.

"Eclipse, you ready?"

No. "Yes, I'm ready."

Cheers erupted from the crowd of hundreds, possibly thousands, of bots as the femmeling stepped out onto the stage, her energon running cold.

She stepped up to the mic, clearing her vocalizers to get rid of any shakiness that may come with her next few glyphs, causing everyone to silence their cheers.

Cyber City, the bustling city she was visiting, was bathed in the moonlight of the two moons looming in the sky. In contrast to many other planets that had a sun or two in their solar system, Cybertron did not. In technical terms, it was always night. They did, however, run on a chronometer.

Eclipse shook her helm slightly, mentally clearling any intrusive thoughts that formed out of nervousness so all she could picture were the glyphs of her speech.

"Cybertronians of Cyber City, it is an honor to stand before you all." A chorus of cheers promptly rang out.

She spoke once again when they had calmed, "As most of you know, in a few joors, I will officially be crowned High Priestess. I will be carrying what my carrier, Skywing, had done before me." A certain painful sting bubbled in her chassis as she brought up her designation and a heavyweight fell on the crowd.

Her optics slowly shifted over to a femme in the front row where she instantly began to mouth the next part.

Eclipse nodded, the rehearsed lines she was given slowly returning, "Some of you may be wondering why we are having a ceremony during such a war. Even bothering with a Lunar Festival in such times."

A small pause of silence passed before she continued, having their full attention, "This ceremony will not only continue the on-going alliance between the Royals and the Autobots but will be a moment of peace for our nation where we don't have to worry about the Decepticons." A few hollers of excitement were thrown out.

There were so many different types of Cybertronians in the crowd, but they all had at least one thing in common: the hatred of Decepticons.

"But that's not the only reason I've come out to speak to you all." She paused, shifting nervously on her pedes while under the gaze of thousands of pairs of optics, "Any Cybertronians in Autobot territory who are struggling because of the war will be escorted to Iacon by selected Autobot troops. There we will provide safety, medical-assistance, and shelter. Due to the sudden population increase, some Autobot troops will be restationed there, but there will still be plenty of defense in all of our territories. Thank you." As she concluded her speech, the crowd grew once again ecstatic as the femme was escorted off of the stage.