lvii. we're like idiots inside a house of cards

The Autobots after they lose Eclipse:

Sideswipe: I have an idea

Sideswipe: *shouts* THE NICKNAME FRENCH FRY FOR IRONHIDE WAS STUPID!

Eclipse: *screaming somewhere in the distance* WHOEVER SAID THAT IS ABOUT TO CATCH THESE FISTS

Ironhide: Sure, that's good, but I have a better one.

Bee: uh oh

Ironhide: NOVA, NOT CUSSING IS LAME. WHY SAY FRICK WHEN YOU CAN SAY FRA—

Eclipse: *magically appears and is very angry* LANGUAGE!

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐘-𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍'𝗐𝖾'𝗋𝖾 𝗅𝗂𝗄𝖾 𝗂𝖽𝗂𝗈𝗍𝗌 𝗂𝗇 𝖺 𝗁𝗈𝗎𝗌𝖾 𝗈𝖿 𝖼𝖺𝗋𝖽𝗌'

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐘-𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍
'𝗐𝖾'𝗋𝖾 𝗅𝗂𝗄𝖾 𝗂𝖽𝗂𝗈𝗍𝗌 𝗂𝗇 𝖺 𝗁𝗈𝗎𝗌𝖾 𝗈𝖿 𝖼𝖺𝗋𝖽𝗌'

✶ ✶ ✶

𝑻𝑯𝑬𝑰𝑹 𝑾𝑶𝑹𝑳𝑫𝑺 𝑾𝑬𝑹𝑬 𝑶𝑼𝑻 of balance, and they could all feel it as much as they tried to ignore it. Whether it was Earth or Cybertron, that didn't matter. The war ravaged both lands, soil and metal.

Countless days, countless nights; There had been so much pain, so much suffering, so much loss.

The balance that was tipped and could not be realigned without proper timing, a perfect moment where it would all end.

History repeats itself over and over no matter how hard anyone tries to learn from it. It was practically fate.

But when things got too much, fate would step in. Some might call it that, others might refer to it as the will of Gods—Earth's many legends of Gods or even Primus and his chosen ones.

It's not always clear why Gods or fate play certain cards, take and give fortune, and end or begin lives, but that didn't mean there was no answer. Perhaps it was for one to find after the life they were given when their energy was given back to the soul of where they had taken it from; Or maybe it was something that you'd find during life, not while searching for it but when you least expect it.

You could spend a lifetime searching for it and come up with nothing only to finally let go and realize what it's been all along. Within everyone, is a purpose or soul—the stakes at which each is given vary, of course.

Finding who you are in the world is all a part of life. It doesn't matter if it wasn't what you were expecting or if it were everything you dreamed of.

What you do with this gift of knowledge is an entirely different story.

Why would Gods get to choose who is destined for greatness? For glory? Who gets to be insufferable and mangy at the bottom?