❤️Chapter Sixteen❤️

+Emily's Pov+

We were out playing on the beach. Stephanie was chasing after me so she could tag me. Then I accidentally ran right into someone. I fell to the sand.

"Hey bitch, watch where you're-...Emily?"

My eyes widened and I swallowed hard. The guy was looking down on me and as I looked up I immediately regretted it.

"R-Richard?"

Stephanie came and helped me up but I couldn't keep my eyes off Richard. I was beyond scared and I don't think Stephanie noticed yet.

"Sup. I'm Stephanie. Sorry she bumped into you like that. We were playing tag."

Richard smiled at her and said,"That's totally okay."

That sinister smile. I wanted to punch it right off his stupid face.

"Steph, this is my ex. Richard."

I realized my breathing was unsteady when I said it. Stephanie's whole aura changed and she grabbed my arm to hook it with hers.

"Yeah. We should be going. It was nice meeting you Richard."

Richard smiled at me brightly and said,"The pleasure's all mine. And I hope to see you again, Emmy."

I was so close to crying that I had to leave. Me and Stephanie turned around to walk back towards our friends and when we did I started walking towards the car.

+Bexey's Pov+

I ran towards Emily after I seen her and Stephanie talking to some guy. I seen Emily started walking to the car and I had to figure out what happened. Once I got to her I grabbed her arm.

"Hey, babe? What's the matter? Where are you going?" "I don't want to talk about it. I just wanna go home Bexey." "Tell me what happened. Please. I just wanna know what happened. Who was that guy you and Steph were talking to?" "Stop asking me questions! I said I just wanna go home!"

She started crying and continued walking to the car. I kept following after her and once we finally made it to the car I sighed.

"Why won't you just tell me what happened?" "Because I just wanna go home. I don't wanna be here anymore. What part don't you understand? The home part or the not wanting to be here part?" "Both. Just tell me what the hell happened. I can't help you if you don't tell me anything."

She sighed and looked at me.

"T-That was Richard." "Are you kidding me?! Why didn't you call me over?!" "Because I don't want you to get hurt Bexey. I just wanna go home and I don't wanna see this place."

I looked down and shook my head. We ended up just getting in the car together and we waited on everyone else to come in silence.

+Stephanie's Pov+

Once we got back home Emily ran straight upstairs and I sighed. Bexey then came towards me.

"Please tell me what happened while you guys talked to Richard. Emily won't tell me anything." "He just kept smiling at her weirdly and the last thing he said to her was that he hoped he'd see her again." "Son of a bitch." "Please Bexey. Don't be mad at her. I seen the look on her face when he talked to her and she was scared. I could hear it in her voice. I could feel it in her aura. We HAVE to take care of this asshole." "What are we going to do? I can't see her scared like this anymore." "I know. Come on. We'll talk about our plan by the pool." "Okay."

I was about to go outside with Bexey when I guess Gus realized I was leaving. He walked towards me and looked down on me with nothing but worry on his face as he held Haidyn and was rocking her to sleep.

"Babe where are you going? I thought I'd take Haidyn to her room to let her sleep and me and you could take a shower together." "Of course baby. I'll be up in a minute. I was just gonna go talk to Bex about something." "Oh. Well whenever you're ready Steph. There's no rush."

He smiled then started walking to leave but I grabbed his upper arm to make him stop and turn back towards me. I kissed his soft lips then smiled lightly.

"I'll be up in a minute. I promise." "Okay."

He smiled again then started taking Haidyn upstairs. I went outside to the pool with Bexey and sat in the beach chair next to the one he was sitting in.

"So, what are we gonna do Steph?" "I don't know. But we have to make it so it isn't messy and it doesn't end up hurting Em." "I know. But anything could happen with this guy. We don't know what we're in for." "Well clearly he's done vile things to her and he has to go. She can never see him again or she'll never be truly happy. I feel so bad when a woman lives in fear for a coward like Richard. And his smile was so creepy. I could feel his wanting for her but not in a good way. He couldn't even take his eyes off her." "Should we...use Em as bait? Ya know? To lure him in or something?" "I don't know but I promise you Bexey.."

I put my hand on top of his and he looked into my eyes.

"We will end this. And Emily will continue being your girlfriend and you guys will finally be happy."

He smiled slightly and pat my hand.

"Thank you Stephanie. Thank you for always just being like..a sister I never got to have." "You don't need to thank me. That's what family's for."

I smiled slightly back at him then he went back into the house. I stared at the water a little bit and then went back in the house, too. I went upstairs to Gus and he was laying on the bed scrolling through his phone. I jumped on the bed lazily and threw my head into his lap. He started playing with my hair as he chuckled at me.

"What's the matter Steph? Talk to me." "I'm just a little stressed is all. Would you mind taking a bath with me instead?" "I don't mind at all baby girl."

He continued playing in my hair until I stood up.

"I'm gonna go start the bath water." "Okay."

I went into the bathroom and started the water then started putting bubbles in it as the tub filled up.