"What if I've been with someone else?" I asked, looking intently at him to gauge his expression.

"Doesn't matter... Because I am in here" he smiled, indicating my chest - at my heart.

"What if I say I've been with Rohan?" I smirked, biting my lip to stop myself from laughing at the jealousy marring his face.

"Him? I.... Okay fine I am jealous... But still... You are mine.. now" he said possessively, tightening his grip around me and kissing the top of my head.

"So what if I say I've not been with anyone else and I've been trying hard but failing to mend my broken heart?" I asked, smiling ruefully at the memory of all the times I'd wept, looking at his pictures, or looking at love-stricken couples, or at the picture of us from the day we'd shared our first kiss.

"I'm sorry for having broken your heart Shruthi... But I too have been punished... I too have wept for you... I haven't been able to look at myself in the mirror after I broke your heart... I have been feeling so restless for so many years now that I finally.... Finally feel like I'm at peace" he smiled through his tears.

A loud buzzing in the room broke the silence that followed his declaration, and looking around, I found my phone ringing, and Papa's name flashing on the screen.

"Your father?" Kunal cocked his eyebrow as I moved to pick up my phone.

Nodding at him, I answered the call "ha papa"

"Hey bachcha... It's an urgent issue... Um... Damodar Raichand and his son Mahesh Raichand are coming here... And I think I know what this is about" papa sighed, and at the mention of Kunal's grandfather and father's names, I knew too regarding what papa had called me.

"As soon as I got their call, I had a discussion with your mother, and your grandparents.... They too all agree that it's finally your call... " Papa trailed off, and I couldn't help beam at his words.

"Beta... Do you want to marry Kunal? Would you be happy to lead your life with him? I know you like Kunal, but... Marriage in India is not just the union of two people...it's the union of two families... You won't be marrying just Kunal.... You'll be marrying his whole family.... Will you be happy living with his orthodox family? " Papa asked, concern etched in his voice.

"Under normal circumstances, I'd have asked you to think it through for as much time as you'd like... But right now... If you really are going to be their daughter in law, it's not good to keep a man like Damodar Raichand waiting for an answer... You understand the situation right beta?" Papa sighed.

"Yes papa... I understand... And... I love him papa... I do want to marry him... About his family... Kuch paane k liye, kuch khona padta hai - right papa?" I chuckled, reminding papa of his own words from the day he'd consoled me to move on from Kunal and move to London to pursue my career.

{translation - we have to loose something in order to gain something in life}

I heard Papa's deep chuckle from the other end, making me giggle too.

"Hmm I get it... So you've spoken to Kunal?" He asked finally.

At this, I turned my gaze to Kunal, who was beaming at me, though looking slightly worried.

"I am with him right now papa... We spoke about it... I'm sorry papa I didn't realize about the paparazzi..." I trailed off, feeling slightly embarrassed at how he must have had felt to see that picture of me, or how much Kunal's grandfather would have had insulted papa.

"No worries bachcha... Okay okay now I think that's his car... Damodar Raichand... Hmm okay... I got to go now bachcha... But your answer is a yes, right?" Papa asked, to which I blushed.