C H A P T E R 3 4

Start from the beginning

“Oooooh.” You said, unamused. You seated on the floor and pours yourself a glass of champagne.

“My private elevator...” he said as he walk towards you.

“You mean OUR elevator?” you corrected.

“...was teeming with sweaty workmen. I'm going to pay for that comment about percentages in some subtle way later, aren't I?” he finishes as he sit beside you.

You pours Tony a glass of champagne. “Not gonna be that subtle.”

“I'll tell you what. Next building's gonna say '(last name)' on the tower.” He told you.

“On the lease.”

JARVIS interrupts your talk, “Sir, miss, the telephone. I'm afraid my protocols are being overwritten.”

Then a voice rang into his cellphone, “Stark, Agent (last name) we need to talk.” Tony picks up his phone and looks into it.

“You have reached the life model decoy of Tony Stark, please leave a message.” Tony said on him. You just chuckled leaning your head into his shoulder.

“This is urgent.” Coulson said worriedly.

You holds the phone and face it on you, “Then leave it urgently.”

At that moment the elevator door opens and Coulson appears. You and Tony snapped your heads on him, “Security breach.” He said Coulson, then he looks at you. “That's on you.”

“Mr. Stark.” He said as he hangs up his phone and put it in his pocket.

You stand up and walk towards him, “Phil! Come in.”

“Phil? Uh, his first name is Agent.” Tony said as he walk faster than you towards Coulson.

“Come on in, we're celebrating.” You said to him.

“Which is why he can't stay.” Tony interjected.

“We need you to look this over.” Coulson said as he hands a file towards you and Tony, “Soon as possible.”

You just look and narrow your eyes at him. He knows that you don't like being handed things.

“I don't like being handed things.” Tony said, breaking the silence.

“That's alright. I’ll just put this thing on here. You need to look at it.” Coulson said.

“Official consulting hours are between eight and five every other Thursday.” Tony said as he get the file on the table.

“This isn't a consultation.”

The look in his eyes, he's worried, scared or something as you deduced.

“What happened? Tell me. I got time.” You said to him in a serious tone.

“All that you want to know is in the file. Give me a ring if you already read it.” Coulson said. You nodded with each other and he enters the elevator again.

“Miss (last name), got a minute?” Tony called. You walk over to him who places the files into your  shared databases. “You know, I thought we were having a moment.”

“I was having twelve percent of a moment. This seems serious, Phil's pretty shaken.”

“How did you notice? Why is he Phil?”

“I notice everything, Tony. And Phil is his name!” you exclaimed.

He shrugs, “I thought it is Agent.” He said and expands his arms and different profiles appear in holographic form floating in the air in front of you and Tony. The screens contain a video of Captain America in action, the Hulk roaring as he attacks the army at Culver University, Thor fighting the thing from Asgard and another is Loki and the Tesseract.

What the hell?

“I'm going to headquarters now.” You said to him, ready to leave.

“Tomorrow.” He stopped you.

You turn and face him, “You've got homework. I've  got a lot of homework.”

“Well, what if I didn't? And you don't have, you're on a vacation.” He said, turning also to look at you.

“If you didn't?”

“Yeah.”

“You mean if you finished?” You asked, Tony nods his head like a child knowing what you meant. You pull his neck and lean you lips in his ears, “After this mess I will wear that lingerie you bought for me, baby.” You whispered teasingly.

He gasps, “Square deal.”

You smiled and pulled him into a kiss and before it gets heated you slowly end it and hugs him, “I'll see you later, okay?”