"You're married now to the love of your life and free to do anything you want... So go be happy and leave us alone" Kunal hissed, glaring at me as I put an arm around Shruthi and pulled her closer to me.

"Sure I'm married to the love of my life, but she.... She doesn't love me back.... So I have only my best friend here and no other option" I smiled sadly, kissing Shruthi's temple.

"She'll love you back don't worry" Shruthi said consolingly, resting her head on my shoulder.

"She doesn't believe in love it seams...she told she'll never be able to love me" I choked, as tears made their way to my eyes yet again.

"What? Look Abhi she will love you... Just don't give up hope okay? And besides... You have your whole life to make her fall for you" Shruthi smiled at me, wiping my tears away.

"Yes my sister is lucky to have found a husband like you!! Now get your hands off of my woman!!" Kunal hissed, and to my amazement, he moved forward, pushing Shruthi's hands off of me!!

"What if I don't want to let go off of her?" I glared at Kunal, putting Shruthi's arms around me again and kissing the top of her head.

"Go hug your own woman!!" Kunal hissed, now trying to remove my arms from around Shruthi.

Now I love and respect Kunal for the good human and friend that he is, but man he's so freaking lean and weak!!

He grunted and gritted his teeth as he tried with all his might to remove my hands from around Shruthi, but as hard as he tried, I too tightened my grip around her, while all Shruthi did was bite her lip to stop herself from giggling!!

"You know Rohan... You were right!! He actually has no strength! Dada ji really should have had just concentrated on strengthening Kunal up before he went to talk of his marriage with Shruthi!" I snickered, turning to look at Rohan at the threshold of the room, but frowned seeing that he wasn't anywhere there.

Where did he go to?

"Hey I have strength okay? Just because I'm not all beefed up like you two assholes doesn't mean I don't have strength! And what are you talking about dadaji and my marriage?" Kunal stopped abruptly, panting for breath.

"Your grandfather and father... Both of them are right now on their way to Shruthi's parents' place... To talk about your marriage... " I trailed off.

"What?!" Both of them gasped and squealed.

I told them of how Naina's dada ji saw their photograph on the front of a newspaper and had now decided to get them married and by the end of it, both of them were gaping at me with their eyes and mouths hanging wide open.

"Really?" Kunal asked, to which I smiled and nodded my head.

"Oh my God!!" He squealed like a little girl and the next moment, I was being tackled to the bed, and I blinked my eyes in confusion, only to find Kunal on top of me, as he kissed every inch of my face!

"Dude what the fuck? Get off!!! Get off!!" I hissed, pushing him off of me!

"Hey you're okay with Shruthi kissing you but why can't I hug and kiss you?" He asked, as he carefully sat between me and Shruthi, putting his arm protectively around her.

"Because she's my best friend... And like my sister... But you...." I trailed off, scrunching up my face in disgust as I rubbed my hands all over my face, trying to wipe his kisses off of me.

"Anyway... So now that you two are getting married..." I trailed off, only to stop as saw the two of them glued to one another, their lips moving on one another's!

"Get a room!" I sighed, though beaming at the thought of my friends finally finding happiness.

"We are in a room... You get out of here!" Kunal hissed as he continued to kiss Shruthi.

"Oh my virgin eyes!" I closed my eyes before getting out of the bedroom.

I sighed and closed the bedroom door behind me before walking towards the living room, a smile etched on my face, though my heart kept shattering again and again.

Would I ever find such happiness in my own life?! Forget kissing, but would there ever be even such a day where in Naina would look at me with the kind of love that Shruthi has for Kunal?! Would Naina and I ever find love?! Would we forever be stuck in this loveless marriage?!

Is so much pain and so much heartache really worth it?!

Blowing out a deep breath, I blinked, wiping my tears that I don't even know had pooled in my eyes. 

But the moment I entered the living room, I froze to find the sight in front of me - Rohan and Naina in a tight embrace.

"Shush now!" she was cooing, patting his back, and to my utter amazement/horror, Rohan was weeping, his tears flowing down his face.

"I swear... I'm gonna slay them all if they hurt her!" he choked, breaking from the hug to... glare at Naina?!

"You know my brother loves Shruthi!! About the rest of my family... well, they'll do as my grandfather orders... they have a fairly good impression about Abhi so at least to remain in his good books they won't insult her right out front!! And bhai would stay with Shruthi at his penthouse after their marriage... so it's okay... she won't be seeing them a lot.." Naina trailed off as Rohan sighed.

As I stood there and watched them, my heart shattered as realization hit me - this is what Naina was offering me too - friendship!! I was no different from the guy who was sitting beside her! Even though she said she preferred me over him and hence 'chose'  to marry me, yet, this is all that I would get - her sympathy!!

I sniffed, wiping my tears of heartbreak away, and at the same time, Naina and Rohan turned to look at me, both jumping a mile apart as their eyes met mine.

"We.." Rohan began, sniffing and shooting Naina a furtive glance.

"Uh... they... we'll first sort out breakfast.... and then... we'll go to Raichand mansion" I shrugged, making my way to the kitchen.

Seriously, was this the only peace in my life that the woman I loved was tied-down to me?! Won't I ever get her love?! Friendship is all I'll ever get?! Friendship and sympathy?! 

To be continued...

A/n - okay sorry I was meant to give this update yesterday but got super late so.. here it is!! 

I hope you enjoyed it... do let me know how you felt about the chapter.

And ah Abhi... Rohan... and of course, Naina - what happens here, we'll just wait and watch.

And finally Kunal and Shruthi - well let's hope things go smooth from here :D

Until next time,

Love,

M <3

P.S - not edited so do bear with the grammatical errors!