I could see the rage building up inside him, he gripped his hand with the knife tightly, the other was clenched into a fist, on both hands I could see the whites on his knuckles.

"Don't fucking toy with me. I will kill you." He said threateningly. I realised I can do more digging.

"No seriously, I don't want to toy with you. I need to keep her safe!" I pretended to plead.

"Well he stole the files when he infiltrated our base in Kanto. I was told he had incriminating files on my father and myself. Enough to put us away for life. We caught him in Kalos. And he told us your plan." He started to sound confused? I played this to my advantage.

"You don't sound sure Calem, did Gio put you up to this?" I asked sincerely.

"Look I don't care what you think. I hate you for what you did to me. I hate her for making me waste years of my life and I didn't get anything out of it. My father said it would make him proud..."

"So this is revenge?" I tried to relate to him.

"Of course it is! Why would you ask a question like that?" During this whole time of talking, I got the feeling that Calem didn't have much of a choice in this. He still hadn't looked at me. Then I saw an opportunity. A trait I learned from Lysander really well.

"It's not too late you know..." He looked my way, a sign I knew I had. "Not too late for what?" He asked almost whispered. "It's not too late for you to do the right thing and come and work for me. I can tell you don't want to do this to us... I want revenge too. But I had someone who helped me see past that. You help us, I won't lie to you" there I said it. I'm giving him a chance.

"It's too late for me Ash, I'm nothing to my father now. All he says to me is that you need to do the work to prove yourself to me, after I fucked up his plan before. He doesn't believe me, now I just do this to keep him off my back." He sighed deeply. "So I'm sorry..." he face changed to cold. Shit. He played me "that you failed in your pathetic attempts to save her!"

He rose from his chair, gripping the knife tightly. He towered over me, I saw the knife getting closer to me. I tried to move backwards away from him. But my attempts failed, his arm went back and swung forward towards me. For a split second I thought he missed.

"No! Calem! Agh!" I cried out and bent over in pain, he slashed me across my chest. The sting from the flesh wound was intense. It felt hot. I regained my original posture and looked at him straight in the eye, coldly I said "I already gave it away, your information is inaccurate. I have already seen Agent Looker from Interpol. It's too late"

"Your lying!" He towed over me, and kicked me repeatedly in my stomach. I could do anything but try and hold back the pain. "Fine plan B. If I'm going down" Calem, grabbed me by the scruff of my shirt and forced me to look in into his eyes. "I want the money that I'm owed, for all those years I had to listen to her pathetic excuses, I took up drinking to control me. She hurt me, so now she pays. You have access to the accounts don't you?!"

I never broke eye contact. I was loosing vision in my eyes through the sheer pain in my stomach. But I could black out again, I need to be strong for Se.

I realised now Calem is nervous. Just like the time I told him to stay away from Se. I could smell the fear radiating off him.

"You want money?! That's not going to cut it for you, you will be an old man by the time you see the outside again!" I toyed. His hand shook with adrenaline still looking cold. "not if I throw my father under the bus he can go to prison... I will get slaughtered in there...yeah that's it I will need money... start somewhere new where no one knows me..."