Love Of The Hunt | Vitani x Lioness!OC

River was crouched in the grass next to Vitani. Hunting for the pride was always a game they played together to see who could take down prey first. Vitani always won of course, but that made River more competitive and determined to beat her.

"Ready, Riv?" Vitani asked River look over at her. "I was born ready, V." River said crouching a little closer to the ground, digging her claws into dirt. "You know the rules." Vitani said. "Yeah, I know." River said. "Okay, ready...set...GO!" Vitani said taking off as the antelope moved past them. River was slow on take off. "Damnit!" River said taking off after Vitani.

River tried to catch up with the herd and Vitani having no luck. She decided to take a shortcut. River saw same rocks, smirking she climbed the rocks, running catching up to the herd. "Yes!" River shouted. Vitani looked up to where she was with a shocked look on her face. River jumped from the rocks and tackled an antelope to the ground as the herd went past.

Vitani stopped herself and walked over to River and said. "That was crazy. How'd you do that?" Vitani asked. "I was using my head," River said. "Does it count?" Vitani chuckled. "Sure, it counts." She said. "Oh yeah! I finally beat you! Yes!" River shouted, jumping around. Vitani laughed. "You sound like a youngster." She said.

River blushed in embarrassment. "Come on, let's go back to Priderock." Vitani said. "Yeah, right behind you." River said. River followed close behind Vitani. "Vitani, I have question." River said. "Shoot. I'm listening." Vitani said.

River inhaled softly as she asked. "Why do you like hunt with me?" Vitani looked at River, smiling a little. "It's because I like you." She said. "I like you too, V." River said. River said that not knowing what Vitani actually meant. "No, Riv. I meant I love you more than just my friend." Vitani said. "I know." River said. Vitani licked River's cheek. "Come on, the Pride is waiting for us." Vitani said. "Alright." River said following Vitani at her side.
•==•==•==•==•==•==•==•==•==•==
Sorry this took so long, had to make some edits to the storyline.

Next:Simba X Hyena!Reader Part 2
Words:368