"Ash?" I looked at Lysander with a pain in my heart. "I know what your plans were and I'm probably the only person who you would have thought to want Gio dead. Believe me, I do! But you destroying your life, for that low life dick won't be worth it."

I stood up at the table looking down, trying to hide my hurt. "Thanks for your time."

"SIT DOWN ASH!" I stood frozen to the spot I was in. Remaining in the same spot I slowly spun my head round to face him. No one. Only my mother raised her voice when I was being a shit.

Lysander had a face like thunder. I didn't want to press my luck any further. "I'll think I'll stand thanks" I said defiantly.

Lysander sighed as he took another sip of his coffee.

"Ash, think about. What would your dad think? Do you think he would want you to ruin your life? Do you think that his friend would stand back and watch his best friends son do that to himself?"

I didn't respond, I only just stared at him and retook my seat. Subconsciously agreeing that he was correct.

"Lysander beamed at my decision. "Good. I have a solution for you, come work for me."

Wide eyed in shock, I stuttered "wha-what?"

"After you finished school, my plan is to have a manager under me. I want you to be the one Ash. You know the line of industry we are in don't you?"

I nodded in acknowledgment.

Lysander leaned forward in his chair, and looked at me with empathy.

"Good, Ash...you're going to be okay. It may seem hard now but it will get easier. You just need to take each day as it comes.

In the meantime. If you want this job. I want you to start presenting yourself better, if you gonna be working for me. I expect smart business attire. So moving forward. I want you to go down to a tailors called Valerie's, I trust her more than anyone else with my suits, it doesn't matter about the cost. I want you to have 2 suits which you will look after properly. She will measure you up and look after your needs. Tell her I sent you.

Next you will get yourself shoes for work. A suit isn't complete without a pair of good shoes. Here is my credit card. And I'm trusting you Ash. I'm trusting you to make the right decision for you. In the meantime I will contact Delia. I will explain to her what we have discussed. Okay?"

I sat there stunned by how quickly this conversation turned around. It felt like to me he truly cared about my well being. And I knew deep down that he is right. My dad wouldn't want this for me. He would want me to be happy. He wouldn't want me to throw my life away.

An overwhelming feeling came suddenly. I loved my dad with all my heart and he was gone. Really gone. It was unfair that, 'that' monster Giovanni is still allowed to walk free with no thoughts about his actions. I started to feel the sting in my eyes as the tears came pouring out. I couldn't hold them back anymore, it was the first time it had truly hit me, the level of my actions nearly cost me. My heart broke in two. I brought my hands up to my face clenching my hair in my grip and I cried hard in front of him.

Lysander's POV

Ash, the spitting image of Red, but he had Deila's eyes. He was a kind hearted soul, he wanted revenge for the loss of his dad. I can only imagine if he hadn't have come to me, he would be dead. Gio isn't the sort of person who gives second chances.

I remember back, Red covered for me a few times when I moved back to Kalos, he would pass packages onto Grace from me when he went to Kanto. I know that he even had my back with a few idiots on a night out. He was a good friend. Delia on the other hand, was the perfect match for Red, she would keep him going when things got tough. She would keep him grounded when he had no control. She would always welcome me into their home. Ash was just a boy when he met me, but the pain of remembering having to leave Grace and Serena, was too much for me to handle. They understood, so Red would meet up with me from time to time.

I remembered the day Delia phoned me to give me the news. I was utterly devastated. She went on about how Ash isn't coping with his loss healthy, getting into fights at school, being secluded and isolated from everyone it just wasn't him. No one had got through to him.

On the day of the funeral. I went to pay my respects. I kept to myself and remained distant, not wanting to cause attention. I couldn't stop looking at Ash, the boy was broken. Ash looked up to his dad a lot. Watching the moment they lowered Red down. I saw Delia sobbing her eyes out. It broke me. Ash. He was just an empty shell, didn't cry, didn't talk.

Two weeks later after the funeral, round about lunchtime yesterday afternoon, I get a call from Delia. Someone had saw me at Red's funeral and Ash overheard. He found out who I was. He said that he wants to ask for my help in killing Gio. She tried talking some sense to him. But it wasn't working. He just stormed off, and came to me.

Feeling Ash's pain right now, I got up from my chair, and made my way over to him crouching down to his level, and took him in my arms. He poured his heart out, I didn't say any words other than. "I know Ash, we will all miss him...just let it all out Ash."

If there is one thing this kid needs is security to know he will be okay. He will be the son I never had.

Flashback End