xliii. dream on, tomorrow they could take you away

Start from the beginning

"We were never on it." Eclipse clarified shortly before Bluestreak popped up behind her.

"We were hidden in the first booster rocket to separate. Then we splashed down back into your Earth's ocean." The blue mech explained, full of energy, "The 'cons are our problem to handle, and we've dealt with them long enough to see obvious traps like that."

Sam looked at the Bluestreak as he gave a short nod at his words, not quite knowing who he was given that he was recently awoken.

Optimus got back onto the topic at hand, "They're surrounding the city to make a fortress so that no one can see what they're up to inside. Our only chance is the element of surprise."

Surprising everyone, the Witwicky boy stated, "I think I know where to look."

✶ ✶ ✶

"𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐂𝐀𝐍 𝐃𝐑𝐈𝐕𝐄 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐒 thing right?" Sam questioned Bumblebee, standing on top of the crashed drone that seemed to be in relatively working order, even after they forcefully shoved the roof of it back on. They'd just have to hope that it stayed there.

Bumblebee shrugged, swaying his servo from side to side causing the femme to snicker.

"What is that supposed... What is that? So-So?" He copied Bee's servo movements mockingly, "So you so-so can fly this? That feels terrible."

"Would you rather I fly?" Eclipse offered with a teasing tone, "I'm quite the pilot."

Sam stared at her for a moment, and she could practically see his mind coming up with all the ways she would probably fly like a maniac before he pivoted toward the scout, "Alright, Bee, I have full faith in you." They both laughed.

"See you soon, Bee." Eclipse waved, wishing him luck in her own way, "Don't crash." Poor mech hadn't flown anything since Cybertron.

"Yeah, yeah... Thanks for the reassurance."

"I love you~" She offered in response to his sarcasm causing him to chuckle.

He shortly pressed his forehelm to hers, "Love you too."

The scout then repeated the action to the bitlet in her arms, "Love you too, Novie."

He trudged toward the drone, smiling as Nova beamed behind him, "Love you, Sire!"

Bumblebee gave a short wave as he climbed into the seat of the drone as the other Autobots left, his optics watching Eclipse holding the femmeling as she ran down a different path than the bots. She was going to try to avoid it all for the safety of Nova but stick close behind as they pathed the way.

He closed the top of the drone with Sam climbing on top, ready to rescue Mikaela.

✶ ✶ ✶

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐓𝐎𝐑𝐌 𝐁𝐑𝐄𝐖𝐄𝐃 𝐀𝐒 they traveled through the city with caution. There was no room for mistakes, having to shoot down every Decepticon or drone who spotted them along the way before they could report their existence.

The Autobots leading the way were like a distant thunder, just around the corner as the winds of uncertainty grew stronger.

Each explosion was like lightning crashing down, each rumble shaking the floor beneath her pedes from the ricochet of gunfire every time they shot someone down a reminder of the storm they were entering.

The skyscrapers she weaved in and out of were tall, just barely revealing the darkened sky that hid the sun.

She followed their path, shielding Nova's optics from the fallen they left behind in pools of blue.