Part 93 ~ Wrong Words

Mulai dari awal

Jaden looks at me with that weird look on his face.

"But . . like . . are you and Chris sexually active? . ."

"Why do you ask me that?"

"I'm just asking . . . ."

"No . . not the real deal yet . . but we did other stuff . . and I think on our birthday I wanna do it at his house . . his parents are away . . we got the whole house to ourselves . . .wohooooo"

"I don't think you should go, Jaylah . . . I think it's best that we all stay here and end the party here. Mom and dad would be too upset if you left at night . . . they planned this party for quite a while, you know . ."

"Hey!! you promised to cover me on this, Jaden!!"

"Yea . . but I think I kinda changed my mind"

"Change it back!!!!!"

~ Michael's point of view ~

Ariana and I are at the dinner table eating without the kids . . Jaden is eating in his room and Jaylah is, I quote: "too angry to eat something" . . . I totally overreacted and now the girl hates me . . I don't know why I'm being so crazy . . . . I wish I could let her do and trust her like Ariana does but I can't . . I wanna protect that girl . . she's still so young, I don't want her to do something that she will regret later on . . . 15 years old . . no, almost 16 . . but I still see that little baby in her face when I look at her . . 

"Michael? . . are you ok?" Ariana asks putting her hand on mine. 

"Yea . . I'm fine . . "

"Wanna watch our movie? I'm sure that will get you in a better mood"

I smile. 

"You really wanna watch it? . . ."

"I sure do . . do you?" 

"Yea sure . . . open a bottle of wine, I'll get the movie"

*doorbell rings*

"Who's that?" 

I walk to the door and open it . . oh . . it's Chris. . Jaylah comes running downstairs to greet him. She invites him in and helps him take off his jacket.

"Mom . . Chris and I are gonna watch a movie . . in my room . . with the door CLOSED"

"Ok sweetie . . have fun!"

I watch them walk upstairs hand in hand . . I return back to the table with anger written all over me. Ariana ignores it and stars cleaning up the table. 

"Are you ok with that?" I ask her.

She nods.

"Yea . . they're just watching a movie, honey. . ."

"You know what watching a movie leads to . . ."

"Michael . . just because we have sex every time we watch a movie doesn't mean she's doing the same thing . . Chris is a nice guy"

"He seems like it but I wanna make sure . . I'm going up there and I'll have a grown up talk with him . . ."

"Jaylah will go crazy . . don't do that Michael . . please just leave it alone"

"I just wanna talk to the boy . . ."

"You'll scare him away, Michael . . and Jaylah will hate you passionately"

"I just wanna have a talk with him . . what's the big deal??"

"Alright . . . she's your daughter . . and he's her boyfriend . . go ahead"

"I will . . . ."

I walk upstairs and knock on the door. "Jaylah?"

"What?" 

"Can I come in really quick?"

"No . . ."

I open the door anyway . . they're both sitting on the bed, watching TV. Jaylah tells me to leave but I'm not leaving so quickly . . I really wanna talk to Chris and get an idea of what Jaylah means to him . . I don't want my girl to end up broken-hearted . . . I know how guys Chris' age are . . I know it too well . . I used to be 16 and the only thing I had on my mind was girls and sex and how to combine them. .

"Chris . . can I talk to you for a minute, please?"

"DAD!! . . we're watching a movie!!!"

"I just wanna talk to Chris for a few seconds"

"But you can't!!!!! just f*cking leave us alone!!!!!!!"

"Jaylah I wanna talk to him . . . and watch your mouth, please!"

"Get the f*ck out, dad!!!!! you're so f*cking annoying!!!!!!!!!!!!"

"I said watch your mouth!!!! one more bad word and Chris is going home!"

"WHY ARE YOU SO F*CKING ANNOYING DAD?!! . . WHY CAN'T I SPEND 2 HOURS ALONE WITH MY BOYFRIEND IN MY OWN ROOM WITHOUT YOU BARGING IN?? . . I HATE YOU! I SERIOUSLY HATE YOU RIGHT NOW!!! LEAVE US THE FUCK ALONE!!!!!"

~ to be continued ~