Part 93 ~ Wrong Words

Começar do início

~ Jaylah's point of view ~ 

Damn, that was close!!!! Jaden hid the DVD unter the blankets right when dad opened the door . . what are they doing here? . . they both have that stupid look on their faces . . I hope everything's ok though . . Dad tells Jaden to leave the room because he wants to talk to me alone. What does dad want to talk to me about? . . I hope it's not about the $20 bucks I accidentally took when he was in the shower this morning.

"Jaylah . . . you can talk to me about anything . . you know that, right?"

"Umm . . . yea . . why? . . ."

"Well . . when there's something you feel like you have to get off your chest . . . you know, something you feel like you just have to tell me . . then you can always do that . . . right?"

"Right . . . but I don't get it . . what are you talking about, dad?"

He gets up and slowly walks over to the window. 

"Jaylah . . . I wanna talk about Chris . . . "

"What about him? . . . ."

"You like him, don't cha?"

"Yea . . .? . . why?"

"He's a nice boy . . . he really is . . . is he?"

"Yes he is . . I love him . . ."

"Love . . . such a short word but so much meaning, right? . . . . the word Love reminds me of something . . something I'm sure you have thought about too . . something a lot of people are rushing into . . like sex . . . . "

"Dad . . . . enough with the sex talk, I'm not talking to you about it!!!"

"Jaylah . . I just wanna know one thing . . ."

"NO! I'm not talking to you about it! and that's final!!"

Dad takes a seat on my desk chair and folds his arms.

"I'm your father and I wanna ask you a question and you will give me an honest answer!"

"MOOOOOOM!!!!!"

"No . . this is between you and me, Jaylah . . I just wanna know from you, face to face . . are you and Chris sexually active?"

"Maybe we are, maybe we're not . . . none of your business"

"You're grounded!"

"WHAT?!! . . WHY?!! . . . MOOOOOM!!!!!!"

The door opens . . mom walks in. . thank god! Dad has lost his mind!!

"MOM! DAD GROUNDED ME FOR NOTHING!!!" 

I rush out of the room and head downstairs . . of course they're both following me to the kitchen. I grab a bottle of ice tea and walk outside to the patio . . mom and dad are inside fighting and yelling at each other . . I hate seeing them argue but I just had to get mom into this . . dad can't ground me for this . . there is no reason to ground me, I did nothing wrong!! 

I take my phone and dial Jenna's number but she doesn't pick up. . UGHHHH!! I need someone to talk to! someone I can tell what an annoying ass dad is!! -.- . . . I run upstairs to Jaden's room . . he's on the bed, doing something on his laptop. . I sit down on the bed in front of him . . .

"Dad is driving me crazy, Jaden . . . ."

"What did you do now?. . . ."

"Nothing!!! he wanted to talk to me alone to ask me if Chris and I are sexually active!! can you believe that?? it's none of his damn business!!!"