Chapter 32 Finish

Rén Ru had traveled all the continent and had finally settled down to live at one spot, a permanent home where Rén Ru didn't have to move too much, the decades that had passed them by were long and painful, his condition worsened by the year and Hui had pleaded his master to stop his journey.

"Master we must stop, you are too ill to keep going." Hui held a worried look, his brows furrowed as his fists clenched, unable to force his thoughts onto Ru.

"I know, just a little while longer." Ru nodded as his figure was no longer the luster body it once was, he looked to have lost some weight.

Days would go by when they would settle for a week in one spot, to recuperate Ru's energy, as he did so he noticed Hui always sat on the table, writing letters. "To whom do you write letters for Hui'er? A lovely maiden perhaps?" Ru smiled.

"You are my maiden." Hui did not hide his affection.

"Stop with that foolery, you don't need to follow me all the time, go find a young girl to marry." Ru motioned.

"Never." Hui shook his head with a frown.

[Master Hui is currently writing-]

"You don't need to tell me; I want it to be a surprise." Rén Run was unable to think to the system due to his declining health, there would be times when he would do it so often that Hui would speak out to his master and ask who he was speaking to.

"I wonder, is it a god? An angel? Or have I lost my mind?" Rén Ru Pondered.

Rén Ru of course was just trying to hide the system, no harm would come even if Hui found out, but one can never be too careful.

As the journey continued, months would pass with few stops, but they would begin to close in, now traveling for a few days would take a toll on Ru's body. They would need to take a month to recuperate and then continue once more, but Rén Ru wasn't doing this for nothing, he was looking for the perfect spot. Somewhere they could be secluded but easily found due to the villages nearby, yet it took about a month's journey to arrive there. Hui had been ordered to head towards the village regularly to buy some herbs and gain some familiarity with the villagers. Rén Ru had even helped some of the villagers who had been deadly sick and had helped them, much to Hui's objection. With every patient his mastered seemed to grow weaker and weaker, making his own heart fill with pain and sorrow.

But everything must continue as planned, the story line is in motion, with a couple of spies here and there Rén Ru had found out that the male lead had taken the road of a devil cultivator, unlike the past prince, the current She Tao was seeking for something the entire time. Tearing things apart and asking for information, in the meantime his two disciples were looking for Rén Ru, one to caution him and the other to kill him.

Everything was coming together finally. Rén Ru sat on a chain looking at the setting sun, his figure looked horrible, skin and bones, the pale flawless skin he had was spotted with dark purple marks and seemed as if a single tug could rip off his arms. He was sick, so sick that Rén Hui didn't know what to do, he was helpless.

Powerless.

One day everything came to be revealed.

"Rén Ru!" Wen Wuhan had finally found them, right after him was a panicked and apologetic looking Pan Yan, she looked like she couldn't even convince him to turn a new leaf. "I've come to kill-"

But he couldn't finish his words, for what he saw before him was a skeleton looking like his old master.

"M-master, what happened to you?" Pan Yan gasped as she too took in the appearance of her master.