Chapter 16 Progress

"He tried again boss." Mizui, like any other day reported the actions of Junichi to Yoshitake.

"I feel like he's even more desperate to die now then back then." Yoshitake gave a heavy sigh.

"There's another thing." Mizui began as he thought back to the guy inside the bathroom with Junichi.

"What is it."

"A man." Mizui began. "I had waited the exact amount of time as Mizu told me to wait and when I entered his instructions made sense. But there was a man inside the bathroom he was in, of course it was a public restroom and It's only understandable that there would be others there. But this man seemed to be there because of Mizusawa, like if he had been waiting for him to enter that restroom."

"Who was he?"

"I don't know boss, no matter how much I try to find his face on the internet he's no one important as far as I could research."

"Then its fine, leave the guy alone, if he tried to stop or restrict Mizusawa's movements then get him out of the picture." Tachino instructed as he sucked in a puff of smoke from the cigarette in his hand.

"Mizusawa Junichi." Mizui spoke the newcomer's name. "He's been with us for a long time, but I suspect there's something more to him."

"What do you mean?" Tachino narrowed his eyes to his second in command, for the past couple of years Junichi had become like a little brother to him, an annoying and rebellious one but nonetheless a little brother that he cared dearly for. To hear that his second in command suspects his little brother, how should he think?

"I don't know it myself but the way he acts, his instructions, it's like he is playing a game that none of us know about. Like he's laying out the pieces and once he's done, he will act out his finishing move. The way he talks and organized everything from day to day, even to his near-death experiences. Whatever he's up to it has something to do with the fact that he has not told us anything about your brother at all." Mizui frowned, his brows scrunched together as he thought deeply about the information he had given his boss. He only wanted to be useful, but from the time they took care of the kid he had been feeling unwell, something wasn't right with the kid, he doesn't seem natural. And Mizui isn't talking about his suicidal tendencies, in fact that is the only thing he sees as normal in the child. It's like he doesn't belong to the world, Mizui doesn't know how to put it into words.

"It's because my brother is still guarded with his information." Tachino sighed as he didn't want to listen to any nonsense from his second in command.

"That's the thing boss, from where I stand, it's as if Mizusawa and Kenchiki are long lost friends. Their relationship looks like relatives that know each other's secrets. Don't you think he's keeping the information-" His words were cut off by a glare.

"You doubt my choices?" Tachino spoke with a cold tone, the room's temperature lowered, and it became bone chilling.

"Of course not boss, but-" Mizui tried once more but again was unable to speak his entire thoughts.

"Then keep quiet and do as Mizu says, he does everything for a reason." With that he waved his second away and was left with his own thoughts.

Was he wrong?

Did he really choose someone untrustworthy?

But that couldn't be, his boy who would do anything to get himself killed would definitely get as much information to speed up his death.

Was he placing so much trust in a boy whose background was so simple, but his personality wasn't something to come out of? He needed to pressure him into getting the information faster. But if he did what is to keep Mizu from ending his own life on his own? His thoughts made him let out a deep sigh as he made up his mind.