Why does she think so low of me?! Is this how she thinks love works? Is this how much she despises me?!

Sniffing and wiping away my tears, I made my way back to the reception - alcohol will be my only savior tonight, and my companion!

People looked at me, confusion etched on their face, as I made my way to the bar - of course... who wouldn't bat an eye when a newly married dude re-enters his own wedding reception without his wife, and then straight bolts to the bar?!

Without a care in the world, I ordered for the first drink that my eyes fell on - single malt whiskey. 

"Abhi!! Naina's grandfather is watching you... not now" dad whispered in my ear as I drowned the whole glass in one go.

Wait... when did dad come here?! And when did he come to stand next to me?! And why should I give two fucks about Naina's grandfather?

"If you want, you and Naina can leave now... but please.. don't drink here" dad warned, taking the second glass of whiskey out of my hand.

"She's not here" I said airily, trying hard not to think of the unpleasant exchange I and my dear wife had shared at the hotel room earlier.

"She's here... now go stand next to her... smile at the flashing cameras... and tell you both are tired before you leave" dad warned, looking seriously at me.

Sighing, I slowly made my way to Naina, who had just entered the reception hall, looking very somber.

"Let's go there... smile now" I whispered to Naina as I took her hand in mine, not looking at her.

"Now smile for the cameras... and then we can go back home in peace" I whispered again, smiling to the cameras as they flashed away madly.

"Are you hungry? Do you want to eat here?" I asked, unable to stop myself.

"No... we'll go" she replied curtly, though she smiled at the flashing cameras.

"Alright then" I replied, before nodding to my PR Dave, who drew the attention of the media, saying I and Naina would be leaving the reception.

Gripping her hand in mine so as to not look bad in the media, I led the way out of the reception, and out of the hotel, where our limousine was waiting for us outside the hotel.

We both got into it in silence before the driver pulled out of the driveway and made way to the mansion.

Wanting to distract myself, I reached for the champagne in the mini fridge and popped it open. 

"You want some?" I asked, pouring the champagne onto a glass and offering it to her.

"No.. I don't drink" she said softly, keeping her gaze to the window.

"Suite yourself" I shrugged, gulping down the whole thing in one go and chuckling at how light it felt compared to the whiskey - the taste of which still lingered in my mouth.

The complete silence inside the limousine was broken by my pouring of champagne, and me sipping on it, while my wife maintained silence.

The short drive felt longer than the journey to the Moon as finally, the limousine stopped in front of our mansion.

Putting the now empty bottle of champagne away, I opened the door and got out, slightly stumbling on my feet - okay the alcohol was taking effect now!

"Abhi careful" Naina hissed as she put her arm around my waist to support me.

"Why should I be careful?" I slurred, turning to look at her, but could hardly gaze at her, with my vision turning blurry now.

"You're drunk... You'll fall and get hurt... That's why" I heard her exasperated and slightly breathless voice as she almost dragged me into the mansion.