Chapter Thirty-Two

Start from the beginning

"Hello, ladies." Kevin greeted the three of us on our arrival handling us all mocktails to drink.

"Hey." We all greeted politely as we admired his suit and his brand new job.

"How are you ladies doing tonight?" Veronica asked as she waltzed over with a sparkly pink dress on. She managed to look elegant and yet sexy at the same time, so much so that Cheryl saw it as the perfect photo opportunity, taking her phone out she snapped a quick photo of Veronica and posted it to her social media accounts.

"Toni, Dani, you both look dashing." Veronica complimented the both of us as Cheryl finished up her post.

"V, your bar is amazing." Toni complimented as she admired the room she stood in.

"Thank you." Veronica accepted the compliment gracefully.

"Finally a launch does something good for this town." Cheryl spoke 

"I couldn't have done it without my two favourite power couples. Excuse me." Veronica complimented making me slightly confused before she nodded behind me and then walked off.

I turned around to see Sweet Pea standing there in a black bomber jacket behind me. I threw my arms around him and kissed him gently before I admired his outfit, it was weird seeing him in a jacket that wasn't to do with the Serpents but at the same time I found it quite attractive seeing him in something different.

"You look incredible princess." He smiled down at me before kissing the top of my head knowing full well that I was blushing.

"You don't look too bad yourself babe." I smiled before turning back around, his arm instantly snaked around my waist, something that had become a form of habit between the two of us.

Looking up I saw Betty and Jughead walk in with their arms linked, Betty's hair was down and she wore this stunning turquoise dress with some form of a snake-skin pattern. Jughead wore a suit and still kept his beanie on making me smile and shake my head slightly at the boy. After their grand entrance we both walked over to the two of them, greeting them with hugs and kisses.

"Betty you look beautiful." I smiled as I admired her dress once more.

"Dani have you seen yourself? You're literally glowing! That dress is stunning on you and it really makes your bump stand out too!" Betty admired my bump before turning to Jughead and jokingly saying "Why can't we have a kid? Look how strong this baby has made the two of them!"

"Babe I love you but we are not ready to have a child, also may I remind you these two weren't even together when Dani found out she was pregnant." Jughead joked around as Sweet Pea and I both shrugged our shoulders.

"I don't know if we would be by now if we didn't have this baby either. Both of us are far too stubborn to admit our feelings to one another." I joked as I leant up and kissed Sweet Pea on the lips softly before sitting at our table and joking with Jughead and Betty for a moment.

Around ten minutes later Sweet Pea excused himself to go and rejoin Fangs and the rest of the Serpents who had been hired for the night when he saw Hiram Lodge walk in the doors. I sat on the edge of my seat as I restrained myself from slapping the smug look off of his face for what he did to Archie.

"Ladies and gentleman." Kevin spoke into the microphone catching everyone's attention as we all stood up and faced the stage. "On behalf of Veronica Lodge, I thank you all for coming to the grand opening of La Bonne Nuit. Now please welcome to the stage the one and only, Miss Josephine McCoy." 

A round of friendly and civilised applause ran through the speak-easy as everyone cheered for Josie. I walked over to the edge of the bar where I noticed Fangs and Sweet Pea standing and slotted myself in the middle of the two of them. Fangs gave me a sideways hug as a hello before Sweet Pea rested his hand on my back, I saw that he had removed his jacket and was now wearing a tailored black shirt indicating that his shift was done. 

"Oh, my God I am obsessed with that gown." I heard Kevin speak to Josie as he admired her two piece golden gown. 

"Thanks, Kevin." Josie smiled as Kevin walked off the stage and she positioned herself to start the night's entertainment. Kicking off the night with a Frank Sinatra classic: Anything Goes. Josie danced along with her singing, I never got along with Josie too well but you couldn't deny the fact she was absolutely stunning. 

I looked up and saw both Sweet Pea and Fangs checking her out as she danced making me shake my head playfully before nudging Sweet Pea in the side of his stomach.

"Oh princess you are the most gorgeous being I've ever seen however that girl sure can sing." Sweet Pea replied as he leant down and kissed me on the lips, this time was a little more passionate than the other times tonight and it only made me smile. It was short but damn it was hot. 

"Trust me babe I know, she's damn incredible." I smiled back before leaning into Sweet Pea's side, before I could tell what he was doing he had lifted me up slightly so I could sit on the barstool and rest my feet. 

I mouthed a quick 'thank you' before he kissed me again and we enjoyed the night of entertainment, laughs and friendship with everyone. I noticed how Reggie and Veronica stuck to each other's side the whole night and if anything it made me feel happy, they were really well suited and I know Archie doesn't want her waiting for him to get released. I want all three of them to be happy and if Veronica and Reggie were happy together who was I to stop them?